By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts reporting structure is changing. Xbox moved into one segment with Windows

well i guess xbox wins the console war. 2016 shipments will be in the hundreds of millions.

Around the Network

Well...where's the hardware divisions? (You know what I'm talking about, Nokia D&S, now Microsoft Mobile)

Doesn't it make more sense to bundle the hardware divisions together?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Well...where's the hardware divisions? (You know what I'm talking about, Nokia D&S, now Microsoft Mobile)

Phones and tablets are in the same division.

DerNebel said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Phones and tablets are in the same division.

Oh, I didn't think about that. But, it still makes more sense to me to have hardware divisions stand alone, but still work with the OS teams.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Well it is just "financial" reporting structure. Nothing big here and it will not change anything for the Xbox divisions basically.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
How many of you want to bet Microsoft will launch a digital distribution platform for PC with the XBox name in less than a decade?

I've literally been saying they'd do exactly for months.

This is not merely a financial restructure. They are "changing the reporting of their financial results to reflect the company’s strategy and ambitions to build best-in-class platforms and productivity services for a mobile-first, cloud-first world. "

They're not just making this change willy-nilly. This is meant to reflect the way they plan on changing their business in the future.

The carpet is lifted ... now where's my brush?

The PS5 Exists.