By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Syrian war continues...

Sharu said:

Today is Putin's bithday. So the Russian Army made him a small present.

Russian NAVY made a shootings from Caspian sea to ISIS terrorists in Syria. Despite the 1500 km range, 26 rockets hit 11 planned targets. No civilian casualties. I'm proud of my army.
http://lifenews.ru/news/163466

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMasnaAf_H4

I love stuff like that Russian economy is struggling, people are hit more and more, yet the goverment spends tens of millions of dollars to make a stupid, and absoutely pointless from a military point of view, show just to flex their muscle and pretend that they have hi-tech weapons. 100% Russia, I love it - make stupid sh!t like this more often! This is how USSR fell, good to see you haven't learned anything.

And one crucial thing - even from the official map showed by Russia you can see that the rockets weren't sent to ISIS territory. Russia bombarded the opposition fighters, who fight ISIS and Assad. ISIS sits in a different part of the country and Russia isn't interested in fighting them.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

A recent media blowout following recent events is probably worth a tiny update of the thread.

Some news of the recent days on Syria:

- French airforces strike Syrian territory from Jordan:

- Some of the results of Frech air strikes:

- French airforce has totaled at 16 sorties for the day.

- French navy is brining its only aircraft to the Eastern mediterranean, has 28 aircrafts deployed on board.

- Putin to the head of navy task force in the region: "Make contact [with French] and work as allies... need to plain joint forces operation on sea and in the air".

- Russian aerospace forces totaled 127 sorties for the day, intended to double the figure.

- Deploys additional forces, incl. strategic and long-range bombers: 5 Tu-160, 6 Tu-95, 14 Tu-22M3m 8 Su-34, 4 Su-27SM and 10 satellites.

- Said additional forces strikes over Syrian territory.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:

- Some of the results of said strikes.

A bunch of oil tankers:

Oil refinery:

A cruise missile flyby (supposedly from recent batch):

Supposedely a part of Backfire's payload "landing":

- Recent Russian briefing showed a significant Syrian army and allied forces advance near Aleppo, Palmira and Latakia, especially significant after sluggish start last month.

- One of the map at briefing (surpassingly for those who didn't follow) showed Russian 120 guard artillery brigade being deployed near Hamrat.

- US and Turkey are planning joint forces operation at Turkey-Syria border, it's not specified what part of it.