By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will the price of the Xbox One + PS4 be at the end of the generation?

149 dollars

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

It really depends on how long they stay on the market. Both consoles are on extreamly common tech, and cost will go down with each shrink of the fabrication process. If the PS5 and XB4 are continuations of the current systems like they should be, then their shouldn't be any major reason to discontinue support. I can see both machines being available for $99.99 - $149.99 in 2020 when the next consoles arrive, and sticking around to fend off the micro consoles from Amazon, Apple, Roku, etc.

This above is almost essential to Sony staying in the consumer and content business. PlayStation is the only device left running on their own OS and Networked Ecosystem. They have to do everything they can to build and maintain a large enough userbase to keep themself relivent.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

AllThosePixels said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
PS4+XB1?

Hmm...should be $500 for both combined, not sure. Maybe Trump will come in and really impose a 35% tariff on every import.

I didn't mean their price combined, I just meant what each one will be at.

Then PS4 at $200, XB1 at $200. I revise down my PS4+XB1 to $400.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I think this gen we might see 200$ consoles by the end of it.
PS4s will be selling long into the PS5's life cycle.

KBG29 said:
I can see both machines being available for $99.99 - $149.99 in 2020 when the next consoles arrive, and sticking around to fend off the micro consoles from Amazon, Apple, Roku, etc.

This above is almost essential to Sony staying in the consumer and content business. PlayStation is the only device left running on their own OS and Networked Ecosystem. They have to do everything they can to build and maintain a large enough userbase to keep themself relivent.

That is actually a good point, last gen consoles price will become a matter, if they want to fight off a wave of micro consoles.

Best way of doing that is saying look at this product its like 50$ more but has a huge game library of much higher quality games.

vivster said:
At the rate it is currently going PS4 $400 and X1 $20.

And that's just this Black Friday!