By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony announces SOCOM Confrontation for PS3

socom confrontation looks pale. its just typical and not next gen looking. maybe the next socom will look better than this game that looks like a ps2 title

Around the Network
DKII said:
Dude I thought the PS3 was supposed to be the single-player haven console, what is with all these online-only games. Not even split-screen multiplayer!

Microsoft's biggest advantage over Sony is their online capabilities.  These online only games look like a push for sony to encourage more online development. 

CameronHall1 said:
rocketpig said:
It's definitely no Gears... Which is the bar it will be held to until Halo 3 goes Gold.

halo 3 graphics are not impressive but the gameplay is still fun

Halo 3 is still about 3 1/2 months from Gold status. I'll reserve judgement until then.

As BenKenobi stated, this looks very CounterStrike-ish. Sorry, Sony, if I want CS, I'll play it on PC. There are loads of other console FPS games that look more interesting than this. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
CameronHall1 said:
rocketpig said:
It's definitely no Gears... Which is the bar it will be held to until Halo 3 goes Gold.

halo 3 graphics are not impressive but the gameplay is still fun

Halo 3 is still about 3 1/2 months from Gold status. I'll reserve judgement until then.

As BenKenobi stated, this looks very CounterStrike-ish. Sorry, Sony, if I want CS, I'll play it on PC. There are loads of other console FPS games that look more interesting than this.

Halo 3 was never going to look at good as Gears, so there is no neeed to reserve judgement.  It's a different type of gameplay and for that gameplay Bungie has said they might not add anti-aliasing.  Even if they did, they aren't going to rebuild the engine in 4 months.

windbane said:

Halo 3 was never going to look at good as Gears, so there is no neeed to reserve judgement.  It's a different type of gameplay and for that gameplay Bungie has said they might not add anti-aliasing.  Even if they did, they aren't going to rebuild the engine in 4 months.

I never expected Halo to look as good as Gears, that's just not possible given the nature of the games. Gears uses many closed environments with heavy textures and AA, that's not possible in the wide-open world of Halo.

But that doesn't mean Halo can't look a little better when it goes Gold than it does now in beta.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
weezy said:
"what are you basing that on? Graphics? I never played SOCOM, but I do know the games are really popular for their gameplay. " dude, playstation 3 is a 600 dollar system. their man gig is graphics. so ya...

dude you dont even know what you are talking about.... socom for the ps2 wasnt nothing spectacular... 600 dollars or not this game isnt about graphics.. thats why its socom

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

why is everyone on here defending halo 3's graphics?? but when it comes to socom its bashing time?? halo 3 graphics are not that spectacular at all.. and that game is only 3 months off. everyone keeps sayin they never expected halo to look anywhere close to gears "okay" if socom was never built on graphics why would you expect it to be? not to mention the fact that zipper interactive isnt even doing this socom they are doing socom 4 in 2008 or 9

not to mention the fact that one of the features of this game is destructable enviroments.. i saw very little of that in the trailer which obviusly means that they are not close to being done with the graphics engine on this game

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Blah... yet another realism, war-based shooter. Gears at least has an interesting setting - how many of "these" games are being/have been released recently? They should focus on doing something different.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

URnotE calm down dude.. each game has their own fans and critics no matter what.. thats just the way it is...me being a socom fan i understand what you are saying..me being a gears of war fan i understand why every game gets compared to it even though its not fair to do that because each game is built differently

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

"dude you dont even know what you are talking about.... socom for the ps2 wasnt nothing spectacular... 600 dollars or not this game isnt about graphics.. thats why its socom"

im a huge socom fan.

i was hoping for a monsterous step-up graphic wise on a 600 dollar system.

and ya,socom never had great graphics, BUT this is a ps3 game. ps3 is all about graphics..and me? im not impressed..

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY