By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get my PS3 through eBay?

I bought a used PS2 on ebay when I was rather naive about the internet. Needless to say, it didn't work so be careful about that.

Around the Network

If you are worried about the credibility, just check the feedback. I've sold a ton on ebay. Made 1000's of honest dollars. There are honest people out there. I'd say go for it. If you want one, maybe you can save a couple bucks.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:
If you are worried about the credibility, just check the feedback. I've sold a ton on ebay. Made 1000's of honest dollars. There are honest people out there. I'd say go for it. If you want one, maybe you can save a couple bucks.

I wouldn't be worried about the seller because as you say you can check the feedback and there are a lot of fantastic sellers on Ebay. It's more the ' how much life has this out of warranty product got left in it' that worries me.

It's your choice but if you do just make sure the ratings are over 98% and that he has enough sales.

Around the Network

I bought my Wii off eBay. Make sure you pay by Paypal that way if they don't post it to you you can launch a complaint and get a full refund. I've done that a couple of times for counterfeit items.

well...if u have to get a 60gb, then go for it
otherwise, i'd be safe and not

If you do buy a PS3 off of eBay make sure you get the eBay buyer protection. You should always take the buyer protection on anything over $100.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

ferret1603 said:
I bought my Wii off eBay. Make sure you pay by Paypal that way if they don't post it to you you can launch a complaint and get a full refund. I've done that a couple of times for counterfeit items.

If I'd of paid for the Xbox360 using Paypal (instant bank transfer) instead of using my credit card through Paypal, when the guy ran of with my money I'd of lost nearly all the money because Paypal's bullshit message about using a credit card is not as conveniant, safe etc as Paypal (instant bank transfer) forgets to mention that if you have a UK credit card and you purchase any item over £100 (worldwide) then the credit card company is also liable for the FULL amount if something goes wrong! I bought an mp3/mp4 player for £120 in Latvia and it broke down 3 months later. I had no reply from the store I purchased it from but the credit card company instantly refunded me in full whilst they contacted the store to arrange a refund and collection. Last year the UK courts ruled in favour of the consumer when it comes to protection on credit card purchases worldwide because the credit card companies only wanted it to apply to purchases made in the UK. Use Paypal of course but if it's more than £100 use your credit card through them!