By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - So the second Attack On Titan movie makes less sense the first...

Spoilers!

Apparently, Americans made the Titans, people are using Apple TV Remotes, people have machine guns and bazookas, Japanese Schoolgirls turn into Titans, they showed the Gulf War for some reason, and they want to use a bomb to either patch the wall or lure the titans to the middle and then use the bomb.

This movie strays away from it's source matrial more than Fantasic 4 2015!

Around the Network
XanderXT said:

Spoilers!

Apparently, Americans made the Titans, people are using Apple TV Remotes, people have machine guns and bazookas, Japanese Schoolgirls turn into Titans, they showed the Gulf War for some reason, and they want to use a bomb to either patch the wall or lure the titans to the middle and then use the bomb.

How would Americans exist?  I thought this was based in 1300-1500 range of technology.

Dont watch the movie.
Stay with the Anime and ignore all else.

Movie makers shouldnt be allowed to twist things this much.
I hate it when I read a book, and the TV/Movie is way off from it as well.

Nymeria said:

How would Americans exist?  I thought this was based in 1300-1500 range of technology.

...3-D Gear, though.

Source? :c

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Nymeria said:

...3-D Gear, though.

Sort of divergent history timeline where technology took a turn due to the Titans.  I'm pretty sure they show flashbacks where the intial wars 100 years prior were done in full suits of armor and weapons like pikes and swords.  They don't mention countries, just vaguely central European with Germanic names and mention of "the orient" due to Mikasa.

I am watching the anime, haven't seen the last OVA though.

Have the first film but haven't seen it yet either.

Can you guys share what is wrong with the films without giving away spoilers?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
I am watching the anime, haven't seen the last OVA though.

Have the first film but haven't seen it yet either.

Can you guys share what is wrong with the films without giving away spoilers?

The plot is absolute garbage.

Are you talking about live action? I thought the anime movies only did a recap of the anime series.

Nymeria said:
XanderXT said:

Spoilers!

Tthey turned it into a post apoclyptic movie set in the future.