By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did gamers over-react? Umbrella Corps could actually be genre-changing.

After getting over my disappointment with Capcom, I feel like at first yeah I was disgusted with Capcom's take on RS 20th anniversary,they truly messed up. Competitive online shooter with zombies. LMAO. That sucks man. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Waste of money. Fuck Capcom! But then I  remember yeah maybe that could work. $30. Okay  price point for an online only game. Zombies/Shooters? Maybe that could form some strategies/tactics never seen on other online shooter games, zombie armors, decoys, bombers etc. So yeah. I overreacted. Capcom was still messy, they could've you know made games like Megaman Legends 3 before that, ones that could actually be played and enjoyed by japanese gamers and fans alike. But seriously, without the RS branding, I don't think the game would've such bad initial reception. But that's just my opinion, what guys do you feel about it?

Edit: RE not RS. #brainfart lol

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:

After getting over my disappointment with Capcom, I feel like at first yeah I was disgusted with Capcom's take on RS 20th anniversary,they truly messed up. Competitive online shooter with zombies. LMAO. That sucks man. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Waste of money. Fuck Capcom! But then I  remember yeah maybe that could work. $30. Okay  price point for an online only game. Zombies/Shooters? Maybe that could form some strategies/tactics never seen on other online shooter games, zombie armors, decoys, bombers etc. So yeah. I overreacted. Capcom was still messy, they could've you know made games like Megaman Legends 3 before that, ones that could actually be played and enjoyed by japanese gamers and fans alike. But seriously, without the RS branding, I don't think the game would've such bad initial reception. But that's just my opinion, what guys do you feel about it?

Edit: RE not RS. #brainfart lol

You know you can just edit the grammar error in the post so you don't have to put "Edit:" at the bottom? Just ftw. 

Anyway. OP: I always take each RE game with a grain of salt. I'll see how it reviews and what gamers think of it. Haven't enjoyed an RE game literally since 4 (although 5 was decent) so it'll take a really fun original game to bring me back. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

People have definitely overreacted but people do that for EVERY game out there.

I am very skeptical if this games will be good based on Capcoms previous track record with the RE franchise AND the poorly made Racoon City.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Wether the game is good or not and its price is irrelevant to the case. To announce it as the main atraction of the 20th anniversary of the series is insulting.

Will the game itself be worth it besides all this? No idea. I'm not interested in multiplayer shooters, but i am interested in RE7.

I have no interest in another FPS. There are one to many FPS as it is.

If I wanted Doom, I'd play Doom.

Around the Network

I am just disappointed because I am waiting for RE7. Revelations 2 was OK for a quick fix, but not enough.

I am also not a fan of PvP games, and this one will not change my mind.

Now if they made a RE Left4Dead clone, I'd be all over it...it's a shame Valve is not interested in continuing the franchise (shocking, I know)

Can't even trickshot in it smfh

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Would have been nice to see a reboot to the series as their 20th anniversary, or atleast a different point of view on the series, maybe a reboot or remake of Resident Evil Outbreak for next gen consoles since online was one of the main influences for that game.

Yes. It's actually an interesting concept. I hope there are more types of NPC enemies and ways to utilize them. Like Lickers and Hunters... or even Tyrants.

People complain about lack of innovation. Give them sth. new and they complain not getting the old.

RPGFan1 said:
Would have been nice to see a reboot to the series as their 20th anniversary, or atleast a different point of view on the series, maybe a reboot or remake of Resident Evil Outbreak for next gen consoles since online was one of the main influences for that game.

Isn't there going to be a remake/remaster of RE 2 and 0?

Hunting Season is done...

Nem said:
Wether the game is good or not and its price is irrelevant to the case. To announce it as the main atraction of the 20th anniversary of the series is insulting.

Will the game itself be worth it besides all this? No idea. I'm not interested in multiplayer shooters, but i am interested in RE7.

Pretty much this, it can turn out to be the best competitive MP shooter ever invented, it will still be an enormous insult to the entire fambase of RE that the game they are releasing to comemorate the 20th aniversary is a monstrosity that has absolutly no relation to what ppl actualy like on RE games.