By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So now that we know Nintendo Directs will continue, will they show Zelda in the next one or?

When will Nintendo show Zelda U?

Next Direct 16 18.60%

A Jan direct after holidays 14 16.28%

A big event (Like The Game Awards) 36 41.86%

When they are ready'o'clock 20 23.26%

Total:86

To tell the truth, the only thing from Nintendo that I'm waiting for is the NX. I want info on it asap.

And it better be a home console, more powerful than the PS4, with optional GamePad support and bc or with every single cool Wii U game getting ported. It has to support the Metroid Prime Trilogy as well. Upscaled to 1080p/60 fps would be perfect ;) Do it Ninty and I'll be back on board!!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
~Zero said:

Meh, I hope they show the project Retro Studios is working on.

Keep that for E3. Retro with an NX launch title... Might be the first console I ever buy at launch.

Scisca said:
To tell the truth, the only thing from Nintendo that I'm waiting for is the NX. I want info on it asap.

And it better be a home console, more powerful than the PS4, with optional GamePad support and bc or with every single cool Wii U game getting ported. It has to support the Metroid Prime Trilogy as well. Upscaled to 1080p/60 fps would be perfect ;) Do it Ninty and I'll be back on board!!

You'd be surprised how good MPT still looks on a big HD TV.

Samus Aran said:
~Zero said:

Keep that for E3. Retro with an NX launch title... Might be the first console I ever buy at launch.

Actually, there was that rumor back then that Retro was working on a game with a new engine for the U. So I think it'd make sense for them to at least have another game this generation.

My current Wii U game list:

My current 3DS game list:

~Zero said:
Samus Aran said:
~Zero said:

Actually, there was that rumor back then that Retro was working on a game with a new engine for the U. So I think it'd make sense for them to at least have another game this generation.

It's probably transfered to the NX now though.

Around the Network

I guess they will show new footage of the game early next year. :p I just hope we dont have to wait very long for it, january would be a perfect time for a direct with a new trailer of the game at the end as a surprise just like the unveiling of the 200cc mode of that direct in may.

Samus Aran said:
~Zero said:
Samus Aran said:
~Zero said:

It's probably transfered to the NX now though.

Well, there's no way to know for sure tbh. It'd make sense to transfer it if the NX launches on 2016, but if it's on 2017 I guess it'd be better to work on another game for the NX launch, since it was stated that Retro is capable of working on two games at once.

My current Wii U game list:

My current 3DS game list:

I'm thinking The Game Awards, but if it came in an earlier direct, that would be great. I just want to seem more of the game. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

I'm very much still under the impression that the whole reason Zelda U was delayed is so it can be marketed as a flagship NX title, thus we wont see it again until after they've shown the NX.

No