By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knowing the big titles coming next year, do you still think the NX will be coming out holiday 2016?

Will the NX launch 2016?

Yes 232 40.07%

No 286 49.40%

See Results 61 10.54%

Total:579
Sprash said:
Samus Aran said:
Soundwave said:
Samus Aran said:
Soundwave said:
Sony had losses but they still sold an incredible number of PS3s considering they started at $600 freaking dollars.

That just shows how dominant they are in the console business, it's like an athlete still being able to play a good game while playing on one leg or something.

Since Sony doesn't give me any of their money either, why the hell should I care if they took losses or not? They still were very clearly able to come out of that generation and are now able to market/sell the PS4 ... so much so that they're whupping Nintendo and MS again like they have for about 16/20 years (80% of the time).

Because we're having a debate whether the PS3 was a failure or not for Sony. It was.

As for them still selling a lot of consoles when they started at $600, well that says more about the people who purchased it at that price than their product.

According to your logic GC was a massive success because it led Nintendo to dominate next-gen.

Oh and Nintendo beat Sony with the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita. Sony beat Nintendo with the PS1, PS2 and PS4. That's 50% of the time...

Yes Nintendo had been able to beat Sony in handhelds. 

But consoles? Sony has flat out dominated them for the vast majority of 20 years now, the only time Nintendo had a decent stretch is when they were able to get casual gamers to buy in and they've since completely lost that audience. 

The PS3 may actually end up outselling the Wii too, depends on how long Sony wants to keep it going, they're going to hit 90 million for sure how far it goes beyond that I don't know. If they reach 100 mill they'll likely overtake the Wii in LTD totals. 

So that means even Nintendo's best selling console will have been outsold by Sony's worst selling console. 

And Nintendo has made more money from the Wii era than Sony with the PS1+PS2+PS3+PS4 combined. What's your point?

Stop looking just at how much something sold.

Nintendo also completely dominates Sony when it comes to selling first party software. Games are something I value higher than the plastic boxes that play them. ;)

And I doubt the PS3 will sell 20M more consoles, not that it matters.

Source?

Its funny that Nintendo earned more money in PS2 era than Sony.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
rolltide101x said:

That is a good point but yeah its 100% certain that the next Nintendo console wont have a screen on it. It is the primary reason the Wii U failed.

It is really the only flaw the Wii U has imo (besides lack of 3rd parties) 

Nah, it's not the primary reason. GamePad is a nice extra and is enticing to me, though obviously they messed up with the parts - Nintendo being Nintendo cheaped out on the parts, but fast development of the industry bit them in the behind, when everybody ditched this old tech and suddenly it became more expensive than newer, better tech, making the controller expensive.

The reason Wii U failed is cause it's too weak and has a unique architecture in a world that requires as much unity as possible to cut unnecessary costs.

Guess what, Wii was also too weak and has unique architecture.

Reasons why Wii U failed are well known, terrible revealing, terrible misunderstand marketing and naming (some people still thinks Wii U gamepad si addon for Wii), high price, weak launch titles, gamepad not nearly appeling like Wii motion controls, software drought...all that lead to terrible first year sales that lived to 3rd party completely abandoned console.

maxleresistant said:

All the games in the list are for the first half of 2016

Pikmin doesn't have any platform confirmed yet

And yes Zelda will probably be cross platform.

So that still leave a pretty huge gap for the second half of 2016, and you can't say that 4 games in 6 months is a lot(SMT X FE, Pokken, Starfox and Mario and Sonic), especially 2 of them being 2015 games at first.

While I think that it's not sure we'll get the NX next christmas, when I see the shitty WiiU and 3DS first-party planning, I can't help but think they won't support them that much next year. Especially the second half, and it's even harder to believe that they'll miss christmas.

Zelda U is certanly for second part of the year, there are very good chanches that Pikmin 4 is Wii U title, so very likle also secont part of the year. So we have 2 pretty strong titles for second part of they year and thats enuf if NX is relly launching in Q4 of same year.

Also its very likely we will have one or two more smaller announcements for Wii U.

Pavolink said:
I hope NX is not backward compatible. We have the VC for that. I want to buy a device that uses all of its components to play new games.

Why wouldn't you want that funtction? I mean, if the NX were able to play WiiU games through virtual console, why not also being able to read the discs (or the cartridges, if it is a discless system)?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Miyamotoo said:
Sprash said:
Samus Aran said:
Soundwave said:
Samus Aran said:
Soundwave said:
Sony had losses but they still sold an incredible number of PS3s considering they started at $600 freaking dollars.

That just shows how dominant they are in the console business, it's like an athlete still being able to play a good game while playing on one leg or something.

Since Sony doesn't give me any of their money either, why the hell should I care if they took losses or not? They still were very clearly able to come out of that generation and are now able to market/sell the PS4 ... so much so that they're whupping Nintendo and MS again like they have for about 16/20 years (80% of the time).

Because we're having a debate whether the PS3 was a failure or not for Sony. It was.

As for them still selling a lot of consoles when they started at $600, well that says more about the people who purchased it at that price than their product.

According to your logic GC was a massive success because it led Nintendo to dominate next-gen.

Oh and Nintendo beat Sony with the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita. Sony beat Nintendo with the PS1, PS2 and PS4. That's 50% of the time...

But consoles? Sony has flat out dominated them for the vast majority of 20 years now, the only time Nintendo had a decent stretch is when they were able to get casual gamers to buy in and they've since completely lost that audience. 

The PS3 may actually end up outselling the Wii too, depends on how long Sony wants to keep it going, they're going to hit 90 million for sure how far it goes beyond that I don't know. If they reach 100 mill they'll likely overtake the Wii in LTD totals. 

So that means even Nintendo's best selling console will have been outsold by Sony's worst selling console. 

And Nintendo has made more money from the Wii era than Sony with the PS1+PS2+PS3+PS4 combined. What's your point?

Nintendo also completely dominates Sony when it comes to selling first party software. Games are something I value higher than the plastic boxes that play them. ;)

Source?

Is that hardware, software or both?

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Scisca said:
rolltide101x said:

That is a good point but yeah its 100% certain that the next Nintendo console wont have a screen on it. It is the primary reason the Wii U failed.

Nah, it's not the primary reason. GamePad is a nice extra and is enticing to me, though obviously they messed up with the parts - Nintendo being Nintendo cheaped out on the parts, but fast development of the industry bit them in the behind, when everybody ditched this old tech and suddenly it became more expensive than newer, better tech, making the controller expensive.

The reason Wii U failed is cause it's too weak and has a unique architecture in a world that requires as much unity as possible to cut unnecessary costs.

Reasons why Wii U failed are well known, terrible revealing, terrible misunderstand marketing and naming (some people still thinks Wii U gamepad si addon for Wii), high price, weak launch titles, gamepad not nearly appeling like Wii motion controls, software drought...all that lead to terrible first year sales that lived to 3rd party completely abandoned console.

Nintendo caught a lightning in a bottle with the Wii - they found a new market that existed only in that period of time. Cudos, but they did it at the price of damaging their core, long-term audience. It was also a different time in the industry. In the PS2 gen, 3rd party multiplats weren't common. Unification trends caused games to become multiplatform in PS3 gen, despite all consoles having a different architecture. Wii was left behind due to being weak and different, PS3, due to its stupid architecture, was often getting gimped ports. This caused the industry to move into consoles having similar architecture this generation, so Wii U, being weak and of a different architecture, got left behind yet again. This is all caused by increasing costs of developing games. Nintendo doesn't want to adjust, so it's being left behind by rest of the industry. If you can't see Nintendo's ignorance, stubborness and fault here, I can't help you.

The bolded parts are not reasons, but consequences of the underlying reason - Wii U being too weak and having a unique architecture. That's why people weren't excited for it after the reveal. Why was I supporsed to be excited about a console slightly more powerful than my centuries old PS3? Especially when there was a PS4 juggernought (in comparison) just around the corner. High price - it's the cheapest console on the market! The price is high only for what the console offers - and what's that? Oh yeah! Weak hardware. Software drought - well jolly me, why did 3rd parties look at Wii U as at a ginger kid and refused to really get involved? I think you know why at this point... The launch titles would also be considered better if they looked better.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Miyamotoo said:
Scisca said:
rolltide101x said:

Nintendo caught a lightning in a bottle with the Wii - they found a new market that existed only in that period of time. Cudos, but they did it at the price of damaging their core, long-term audience. It was also a different time in the industry. In the PS2 gen, 3rd party multiplats weren't common. Unification trends caused games to become multiplatform in PS3 gen, despite all consoles having a different architecture. Wii was left behind due to being weak and different, PS3, due to its stupid architecture, was often getting gimped ports. This caused the industry to move into consoles having similar architecture this generation, so Wii U, being weak and of a different architecture, got left behind yet again. This is all caused by increasing costs of developing games. Nintendo doesn't want to adjust, so it's being left behind by rest of the industry. If you can't see Nintendo's ignorance, stubborness and fault here, I can't help you.

The bolded parts are not reasons, but consequences of the underlying reason - Wii U being too weak and having a unique architecture. That's why people weren't excited for it after the reveal. Why was I supporsed to be excited about a console slightly more powerful than my centuries old PS3? Especially when there was a PS4 juggernought (in comparison) just around the corner. High price - it's the cheapest console on the market! The price is high only for what the console offers - and what's that? Oh yeah! Weak hardware. Software drought - well jolly me, why did 3rd parties look at Wii U as at a ginger kid and refused to really get involved? I think you know why at this point... The launch titles would also be considered better if they looked better.

It doesnt matter if Nintendo caught a lightning in a bottle with the Wii, beacuse point is that Wii was also too weak and has unique architecture.

Yes there are reasons, because of revealing they just forcing Wii U gamepad with similar Wii name, people assuming its addon for Wii. High price, Wii U had almost $100 higher price on launch than PS3/Xbox360 and adh similar or worse graphics and performance, so nobody wants to pay $100 more for console that have similar capabilities, especially when PS4 and XboxOne are on horisont. I thought of software drought for Nintendo exclusives not 3rd party multiplast, because Nintendo exclusive are games that can persuade people to buy Nintendo console, but Nintendo needed big heavy hitters in 1st year, and that one of reason why Wii U failed. Wii U had good 3rd party support on launch, but after terrible sales in first few months they completely abandoned console. "The launch titles would also be considered better if they looked better", not true, who care about basicly NSMB just in HD or ZombiU that is hard core survival horror game, Nintendo Land is good launch title but not system seller it was more support for launch, they really needed Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Zelda or something similar big, Wii U launch lineup was terrible.

"Why was I supporsed to be excited about a console slightly more powerful than my centuries old PS3", so you are existing about console only for power!? I am excisting about great new games and exclusives or completly new things about console, not about power of hardware.

Also PS3 have very unique architecture.

Stronger Wii U hardware not would change anything, again would have all reasons because Wii U failed that I mentioned in previous post, but if Wii U didnt had just some of those reasons like terrible unveiling, marketing, naming and smaller price, better launch titles, Wii U would done much better, not to mentioned if they basicly realease just Wii HD (Wii U whitout gamepad with $250 price).

Miyamotoo said:

Goes to show you how little these console wars actually matter.

maxleresistant said:
bigtakilla said:

They could easily announce more titles for summer, fall, and winter. They only released the info of games that were supposed to come out within 6 months at E3 (the "reason" they didn't show Zelda Wii U).

That is just an excuse to avoid to say that they are almost done with the WiiU and 3DS. Nintendo never did an E3 like that, where they don't talk about the games releasing in more than six months. Don't you think that this really really really weird? That there is more to it than this bullshit excuse?

I get that people are fans, but let's not be blind. It's almost october, and we are still waiting for real news about 2016, some other than "this 2015 game is delayed for next year"

We need to be realistic about the situation here.

Oh, it's quite obvious that it's really due to them closing out this gen and no one is denying that. But it COULD have everything to do with wanting to have more new things to discuss and not lay out every card they have in their hand out. Let's face it, they are going to have an extremely hard time trying to keep enough interest in the Wii U to have it keep selling what it cureently is and surprises (as small as they might be) is gonna be one of the only things that's gonna hopefully make that happen (and a price cut). That's reality.

Sprash said:
Miyamotoo said:
Sprash said:
Samus Aran said:
Soundwave said:
Samus Aran said:
Soundwave said:

Source?

Is that hardware, software or both?

All.