By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5
Dravenet7 said:

As for everything else, yeah I really had very little knowledge of the series so I kinda dropped the ball there. I've been hearing people mention Arianna alot as well. I wish I knew more about the character, but at the very least I'll add that bit of info in the details

No worries, what you have said is pretty accurate to the series. Mind you I only played the demo of EOU2: The Fafnir Knight, so I can't say too much of that specific game, but I have played the other ones. Though what you said about the guy being the brunt of the story, with the girl being the catalyst sounds pretty reasonable (since that is what happened in EOU1) :p

I would like to correct myself when I say 'spinoff' because it's not completely true.. The main games is EO 1-4 but there are the Untold series (EOU1 and EOU2) The original EO games don't have a 'story' but there still is a 'storyline' for how the game progresses, if that makes any sense. The Untold series are remakes of EO 1 and 2, respectively, and they added an actual 'story mode' to the game, which is where those new characters come from. Sort of like Pokemon remakes, so they aren't exactly not spinoffs such as Persona Q is to the original Persona series.. Not sure if that made sense, but hopefully it helps :/

Kudos to you though for writing up something that you've never played before though!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
Dravenet7 said:

As for everything else, yeah I really had very little knowledge of the series so I kinda dropped the ball there. I've been hearing people mention Arianna alot as well. I wish I knew more about the character, but at the very least I'll add that bit of info in the details

No worries, what you have said is pretty accurate to the series. Mind you I only played the demo of EOU2: The Fafnir Knight, so I can't say too much of that specific game, but I have played the other ones. Though what you said about the guy being the brunt of the story, with the girl being the catalyst sounds pretty reasonable (since that is what happened in EOU1) :p

I would like to correct myself when I say 'spinoff' because it's not completely true.. The main games is EO 1-4 but there are the Untold series (EOU1 and EOU2) The original EO games don't have a 'story' but there still is a 'storyline' for how the game progresses, if that makes any sense. The Untold series are remakes of EO 1 and 2, respectively, and they added an actual 'story mode' to the game, which is where those new characters come from. Sort of like Pokemon remakes, so they aren't exactly not spinoffs such as Persona Q is to the original Persona series.. Not sure if that made sense, but hopefully it helps :/

Kudos to you though for writing up something that you've never played before though!

Oh that's good to hear. I was a bit too worried because it would have sucked to misrepresent the series severely.  Most of what I wrote just naturally clicked in my head when I was about to write it.

The second paragraph. I understand everything you said, but its kind of one of things where I know what you're saying but the back and forth of the information can leave me almost feeling overloaded lol

Dravenet7 said:
Platina said:
Dravenet7 said:

Oh that's good to hear. I was a bit too worried because it would have sucked to misrepresent the series severely.  Most of what I wrote just naturally clicked in my head when I was about to write it.

The second paragraph. I understand everything you said, but its kind of one of things where I know what you're saying but the back and forth of the information can leave me almost feeling overloaded lol

This should help you:

Etrian Odyssey is an old-school dungeon crawler, where you draw your own map on the touch screen. It, together with Trauma Team and the SMT franchise as a whole, makes Nintendo look absolutely stupid when they let Sega acquire Index Corporation (now Atlus).

Mainline entries: EO I, II, III, IV, V (unreleased) These are the main entries in Etrian Odyssey. Here, you get to form a guild filled with party members you pick. For instance, you can create a guild with just Protectors or Troubadours, and name them, of course. Whatever story there is in these games tends to come through the interactions of your guild with the townspeople and the environment of the Labyrinths.

Remakes: EO Untold, EO Untold II (unreleased in EU) These are the remakes of some EO titles. These include a story mode (from which characters in Smash may be drawn), and a slightly deeper story, as well as a bonus labyrinth and other content.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Dravenet7 said:
Platina said:
Dravenet7 said:

This should help you:

Etrian Odyssey is an old-school dungeon crawler, where you draw your own map on the touch screen. It, together with Trauma Team and the SMT franchise as a whole, makes Nintendo look absolutely stupid when they let Sega acquire Index Corporation (now Atlus).

Mainline entries: EO I, II, III, IV, V (unreleased) These are the main entries in Etrian Odyssey. Here, you get to form a guild filled with party members you pick. For instance, you can create a guild with just Protectors or Troubadours, and name them, of course. Whatever story there is in these games tends to come through the interactions of your guild with the townspeople and the environment of the Labyrinths.

Remakes: EO Untold, EO Untold II (unreleased in EU) These are the remakes of some EO titles. These include a story mode (from which characters in Smash may be drawn), and a slightly deeper story, as well as a bonus labyrinth and other content.

Thanks a lot. I'll try to implement as much as possible in what I wrote!

I really like Etrian Odyssey, but for Smash, a character either needs to be a popular 3rd party or a Nintendo character. And this works in neither of them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

30 minutes left till the poll loses!

I don't really know what to say. the summary of votes between controversial/unlikely to just no/ridiculous.

Sorry for the delay. In any case poll closed!

this was dangerously close to Just No/ Ridiculous. Like its not even funny. It had the most individual votes. However, it goes to controversial/unlikely due to the summary of votes

Next character to be announced a little late. Sorry for the delays

Alright up next is the Haverst Moon/Rune factory crew!

This one was a bit harder to disect than most, so I had to go straight to see some gameplay and skim over the plot.

If I had to describe it, I would say that Harvest Moon/Rune Factory is a mix between Animal Crossing, Classic Legend of Zelda, maybe a some Fire Emblem, and a bit from surrounding JRPG's.

The franchise has been mostly on Nintendo devices from what I can tell. So it definitely has the Nintendo alliance there as a positive. Also looking at the combat, it looks good. Really good. It mixes a lot of action elements with JRPG attack mechanics, creating strategic fights in the midst of traditional action adventure combat. Some moves look overpowered, granted, but a lot also seem managble for a game like Smash Bros. Judging from the plot I skimmed over in games 3 and 4, the protagonists of those stories seem viable enough as characters due to their setup. The protagonist of 3, half human half (wooly?) could have a pretty unorthodox moveset. 4 on the other hand would a more traditional moveset mixed with something in the vein of Palutena.

Still, for all the positives the game has going for it, I don't see it happening. However, the quality is there and I think it would be unfair to say they weren't at least debatable. 

Rune Factory is, in this case, an actual spin off of the Harvest Moon franchise, which in RF4, finally dropped the 'A Fantasy Harvest Moon game' as the subline.
Harvest Moon is the parent series, which is a simulation farming game. You grow crops, raise animals, compete in contests, expand your farm and build relationships with villagers where you can eventually marry them.
Rune Factory takes this already good farming aspect and builds on it, turning the game into a RPG with fighting against monsters, crafting and increasing skill to up your HP and RP. So I guess Rune Factory characters would be a better choice for Smash, but they were able to make Villager from Animal Crossing work so a character from Harvest Moon isn't ruled out.

I would be fine to have the MC from Rune Factory 3/4 as they are diverse enough to customize. Like Robin/My Unit in the Fire Emblem series, the MC is basically a blank slate, allowing you to customize your character in terms of skills and weapons used. The MC can also use spells so they can do a lot with them.

However, though I would love to see a character from Rune Factory or Harvest Moon in Smash, it's really unlikely, as there is a possibility that they would be too similar to Villager or Robin..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Rune Factory is, in this case, an actual spin off of the Harvest Moon franchise, which in RF4, finally dropped the 'A Fantasy Harvest Moon game' as the subline.
Harvest Moon is the parent series, which is a simulation farming game. You grow crops, raise animals, compete in contests, expand your farm and build relationships with villagers where you can eventually marry them.
Rune Factory takes this already good farming aspect and builds on it, turning the game into a RPG with fighting against monsters, crafting and increasing skill to up your HP and RP. So I guess Rune Factory characters would be a better choice for Smash, but they were able to make Villager from Animal Crossing work so a character from Harvest Moon isn't ruled out.

I would be fine to have the MC from Rune Factory 3/4 as they are diverse enough to customize. Like Robin/My Unit in the Fire Emblem series, the MC is basically a blank slate, allowing you to customize your character in terms of skills and weapons used. The MC can also use spells so they can do a lot with them.

However, though I would love to see a character from Rune Factory or Harvest Moon in Smash, it's really unlikely, as there is a possibility that they would be too similar to Villager or Robin..

Aww man I'm sorry. When I typed up your choices I accidentally merged the two titles, so when I looked back at it, it looked like it was just referring to the spin-off. If possible I can either bring out the Harvest Moon for another poll or both at the same time if that's cool with you. I ran out of characters faster than I thought in any case, so there would be room to spare.