By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5

Alright 30 minutes left to vote for Elma!

Currently it looks it will go to pretty reasonable.

Around the Network

Alright the Elma thread is closed!

She ended up in pretty reasonable. The turn out was much better than I feared, but I will try to better adjust the timing of switching character going foward.

Next character coming soon

Alright next up is Geno!

I haven't played the game, so I had to go over some gameplay to get info. Apparently he's a guardian of the seven stars in Super Mario RPG. He helps you fight by possesing this doll (Imo he looks the part of something possesed).

Some of his moves look good, but largely he looks over powered.

In any case, I can't really tell Mario's fireballs look OP there too. I won't choose based on the moveset because of that. I also won't complain that there is too many Mario characters either. Really technically, that also includes DK, Wario and so on. Its pretty much in the breath of another IP.

However, I'm not sure that he's a great choice. Super Mario RPG from the looks of it essentially became the Paper Mario franhise. I'm relarively unsure why the collaboration between Nintendo and Square Enix ended on a popular franchise like this. In any case, he's more controversial/unlikely for me. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see him in Smash. He certainly looks like an interesting character. I would welcome it.

Heard a lot about him, but never played the game so I can't really say how he would be like in Smash..

IP of Square Enix (i'm pretty sure) so he would be a bit debatable, though less so compared to others in the same category

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

30 minutes left till Geno poll closes. 

From the looks of it, Geno is aiming for the controversial/unlikely spot. 

Around the Network

Ok the Geno poll is closed!

This is a very tough call to make. Since it generally evens out. In this case it goes to controversial/unlikely due to majority in standstill.

Next character to be announced shortly!

Ok so the next character spot for the chart is one that has taken the world by storm. It has been a pheonmenon since its release. The roller is also uncomparable!

Yes that's right I'm talking about the inklings

This guys have taken all (except this one guy here who so amazingly predicted its sales kudos to you) by suprise.

Litterally streaming through the memedia and have revitalized a genre with its fresh take on the mechanics. All things considered, its Nintendo's latest breakout IP and really earned its legs. Its no wonder people want them in Splatoon.

For the duo, however, I've gotta say unlikely. I know there is the whole thing about mii costumes, but really thinking about it, the inkling costumes were announced super early, along with a trophy. If Sakurai were to add them, it would have been around the time of at least Ryu.

More importantly, is the aesthetics and posiblitlies of a moveset. Sure they could use a splatershot, paintbrush, roller, slosher and sub weapons in the moveset( and distribute among customs), but it all seems way to vast and hard to detail. There's also the aesthetics of the ink and its interactions. It seems almost natural, but overly complex. 

One or the other would have put them in the debatable spot, but it just seems to unlikely with both factors.

I've heard people saying they don't want Rosalina in Smash because she was in far too little games, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear the same with the Inklings...

I would love to see them in Smash 4 though, even if it's a bit early. There are so many weapons to choose from and with their unique ability to turn into a squid, their movesets will be interesting and fresh.

Also, Squid should be top choice for the poll, not Kid :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

I've heard people saying they don't want Rosalina in Smash because she was in far too little games, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear the same with the Inklings...

I would love to see them in Smash 4 though, even if it's a bit early. There are so many weapons to choose from and with their unique ability to turn into a squid, their movesets will be interesting and fresh.

Also, Squid should be top choice for the poll, not Kid :p

For me, I don't think they are too early, Shuk got in after one game too. Its just that I really see their moveset, while very varied, very complex to implement.

Also what are you talking about? There's no way I made such terrible mista-

I'm way too tired xP.

I think the inklings definitely would be able to bring a new and fresh moveset to the table, and would certainly be an interesting pick. It would also promote Splatoon a bit :P

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi