By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5
Platina said:
Having multiple characters per day is fine, though having too many per day would limit the time for each character, so I do worry that voter turnout would worsen :/

Since there is only one poll, you can't do 2 at the same time either so it would be a bit tricky.. but I think 3 per day is still manageable. Keep it up! (I also linked this to my sig, so hopefully that will raise some awarness..)

I'd like to nominate Toad/ette, MC from the Harvest Moon series/Rune Factory series and more FE characters!! :D

--

Bandanna Dee... He is playable for a few Kirby games so he's pretty reasonable to put in...

though at the same time, he'd be too similar to Kirby (even though he has a spear) and I fear his moveset would be rather lacking, so I personally wouldn't want him in

Thanks for the support Platina I really appreciate it! Yeah usually the turnout in the morning is the worst, but depending on the votes before the afternoon, I may cut the midnight ones a little early so I don't canabalize the afternoon ones. 

I'll also add Toad and the HM MC.

FE thing is another thing, I was going to wait until they came up from randomized list, and I kinda feel bad asking for more help seeing as how your already been really supportive, but I was wondering if you could give me your take on really important characters. I only played FE Awakening (and even then I was cut short), and the FE-verse is so freaking vast just in that game alone. So it would be awesome if you could highlight some. 

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:
Platina said:
Having multiple characters per day is fine, though having too many per day would limit the time for each character, so I do worry that voter turnout would worsen :/

Since there is only one poll, you can't do 2 at the same time either so it would be a bit tricky.. but I think 3 per day is still manageable. Keep it up! (I also linked this to my sig, so hopefully that will raise some awarness..)

I'd like to nominate Toad/ette, MC from the Harvest Moon series/Rune Factory series and more FE characters!! :D

--

Bandanna Dee... He is playable for a few Kirby games so he's pretty reasonable to put in...

though at the same time, he'd be too similar to Kirby (even though he has a spear) and I fear his moveset would be rather lacking, so I personally wouldn't want him in

Thanks for the support Platina I really appreciate it! Yeah usually the turnout in the morning is the worst, but depending on the votes before the afternoon, I may cut the midnight ones a little early so I don't canabalize the afternoon ones. 

FE thing is another thing, I was going to wait until they came up from randomized list, and I kinda feel bad asking for more help seeing as how your already been really supportive, but I was wondering if you could give me your take on really important characters. I only played FE Awakening (and even then I was cut short), and the FE-verse is so freaking vast just in that game alone. So it would be awesome if you could highlight some. 

No problem, glad to be able to help!

Even though I played most of the FEs (6 and onwards, but not 10), it's still really tricky to figure out which ones are popular.. :/
The Lords are obvious choices, but most are already in Smash, so it would be secondary characters..

There are already a lot of swordsman, but if more were added, it would probably be Lyndis (FE7, Blademaster), or an Assassin Jaffar (FE7) / Volke (FE9-10)

I'm thinking that if there were even more FE characters, it would be a magic user, as Robin is pretty interesting and fun to play with

Lilina (FE6, Sage), Micaiah (FE9-10, Mage), Tharja (FE13, Sorceror)

Pretty late now, so I'll stop here for now... I'll add more in later (pegasus knights, cavaliers/paladins, manaketes)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Dravenet7 said:
Platina said:

--

No problem, glad to be able to help!

Even though I played most of the FEs (6 and onwards, but not 10), it's still really tricky to figure out which ones are popular.. :/
The Lords are obvious choices, but most are already in Smash, so it would be secondary characters..

There are already a lot of swordsman, but if more were added, it would probably be Lyndis (FE7, Blademaster), or an Assassin Jaffar (FE7) / Volke (FE9-10)

I'm thinking that if there were even more FE characters, it would be a magic user, as Robin is pretty interesting and fun to play with

Lilina (FE6, Sage), Micaiah (FE9-10, Mage), Tharja (FE13, Sorceror)

Pretty late now, so I'll stop here for now... I'll add more in later (pegasus knights, cavaliers/paladins, manaketes)

Again, thanks so much for the help and yeah I'm probably gonna turn in myself pretty soon.

Hey guys in an attempt to fit as many characters as possible in, I'm adding an extra character poll slot per day, so there will be three instead of two. However seeing as many are not available to vote in the morning, it may take up more time in the afternoon. So I'll be ending this poll early for Bandana Dee and early for the next character in an attempt to fit more in.

30 minute mark till Bandana Dee poll closes.

Looking at its barely going to go to controversial/unlikely.

Around the Network

Alright Bandana Dee Poll is done!

He is placed in the controversal/unlikely list. I wish I could have handled the time better on this one, with all things considered. I kind of want to extend the voting, but that would really put a damper on the rest of the characters and allowing additional votes afterwards wouldn't really be fair. :/. Well on the positive side of this my perception of the character has changed for the better. He is definitely a character I see in a much better light now.

Next character up shortly.

Up next is Elma!

Obviously, if you don't have a Japanese Wii U, didn't import XCX and aren't fluent in Japanese chances are that you don't know Elma well. 

Neither do I. I will say, though that based off what we have seen thus far, she would be a great character to add to the roster. Much of her close combat moves are pretty interesting and straightforward. Her distance attacks are are something I'm not sure how to plug-in though.

I remember Sakurai stating that it was tricky putting Shulk in, and I see a similar situation with her as well. Additionally, her game isn't out worldwide yet. However, Shulk did get in, and bringing her over would have a really positive effect for XCX (I assume) exposure-wise.

Plus tell me she's not grade awesome A material 

Personally, I would love to see her in, however all factors for me point to debatable.

Note:  As stated before, the times will be cut short to add one more character poll per day. So expect this poll to close in about 6 hours (6PM ET).

Elma makes sense. Wouldn't be surprised if the character & amiibo gets a surpise release to coincide with XCX's western release. There's not much chance Elma lights up the smash ballot.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Fire Emblem Characters Cont:

Though size is [generally] not an issue in Smash, having people on horses or pegasus just doesn't make sense... However, the earlier Fire Emblem games have a dismount feature, where the horseman/peg knight could dismount and basically become a foot soldier to remove their weaknesses. On the other hand, having riders in Smash is verrry unlikely so I don't expect any of these characters to make it in. I'll underline which I think is the most likely per group

Cavaliers/Paladins:

Cain/Able (FE1,3,10,12) , Sain/Kent (FE7) , Franz (FE8) , Stahl/Sulley (FE13)

Pegasus Knights/Falcon Knights:

Caeda (FE1,3,10,12) , Florina (FE7) , Marcia (FE9,10) , Sumia (FE13)

Assassins are cooler than thieves, especially with their crit animations, so it's unlikey thieves will be chosen over assassins but you would never know :p

Julian (FE1,3,10,12) , Astore (FE6) , Matthew (FE7) , Sothe (FE9,10) , Gaius (FE13)

I don't really see heavy characters (knights, generals, and most fighters to make it but the only exception that makes sense is Hector (Axe Lord, FE7) Archers/Snipers and lance users also seem really unlikey so I won't mention them.

...and finally, Manaketes! Tbh I think this is the most reasonable charcters to make it in. They are part human, and part dragon (in most cases) so their movesets can be very diverse and interesting. They aren't big and clunky so they would fit in really well!

Tiki (FE 1,3,10,12,13) She is the most reasonable since she is in so many games and is pretty popular

Fae (FE6), Myrrh (FE8), Nah (FE13) These are less likely since they are not as popular and Tiki would be a better choice

Well that was a lot of info, and this is mostly in my perspective, and I never played 1-5 so characters in 2,4,5 are not included, so just be aware of that :p

---

Elma seems like a good choice, especially to promote Xenoblade X so she's pretty reasonable to put into the game.. though other than the trailers, I don't really know much about her :p

I'd be fine if she was in Smash

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

Fire Emblem Characters Cont:

Though size is [generally] not an issue in Smash, having people on horses or pegasus just doesn't make sense... However, the earlier Fire Emblem games have a dismount feature, where the horseman/peg knight could dismount and basically become a foot soldier to remove their weaknesses. On the other hand, having riders in Smash is verrry unlikely so I don't expect any of these characters to make it in. I'll underline which I think is the most likely per group

Cavaliers/Paladins:

Cain/Able (FE1,3,10,12) , Sain/Kent (FE7) , Franz (FE8) , Stahl/Sulley (FE13)

Pegasus Knights/Falcon Knights:

Caeda (FE1,3,10,12) , Florina (FE7) , Marcia (FE9,10) , Sumia (FE13)

Assassins are cooler than thieves, especially with their crit animations, so it's unlikey thieves will be chosen over assassins but you would never know :p

Julian (FE1,3,10,12) , Astore (FE6) , Matthew (FE7) , Sothe (FE9,10) , Gaius (FE13)

I don't really see heavy characters (knights, generals, and most fighters to make it but the only exception that makes sense is Hector (Axe Lord, FE7) Archers/Snipers and lance users also seem really unlikey so I won't mention them.

...and finally, Manaketes! Tbh I think this is the most reasonable charcters to make it in. They are part human, and part dragon (in most cases) so their movesets can be very diverse and interesting. They aren't big and clunky so they would fit in really well!

Tiki (FE 1,3,10,12,13) She is the most reasonable since she is in so many games and is pretty popular

Fae (FE6), Myrrh (FE8), Nah (FE13) These are less likely since they are not as popular and Tiki would be a better choice

Well that was a lot of info, and this is mostly in my perspective, and I never played 1-5 so characters in 2,4,5 are not included, so just be aware of that :p

---

Elma seems like a good choice, especially to promote Xenoblade X so she's pretty reasonable to put into the game.. though other than the trailers, I don't really know much about her :p

I'd be fine if she was in Smash

Thanks a ton for the info. Even though its only you perspective, it really goes in depth  enough so that I don't get completely lost through it all. I'll get to some good ideas what to say now by the time FE comes out of my list. (I'm randomly generating it so I never know myself).