By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBOX ONE vs PLAYSTATION 4 Exclusives showdown, Post TGS.

Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

You know why! They have to inflate their lists to make them look better than they are:

"We have so many genres on the Wii U:"

Splatoon (Third Person Shooter Genre)

Splatoon (Paint Battle Genre)

Splatoon (Squid vs Kids Genre)

Splatoon (Online Painting Shooting Team Battle Genre)

Yeah because I totally said that.

Well, you mentioned "Level Editor" as a genre. Thats a silly point of view, Mario Maker is a platformer just like Gran Turismo 6 is a racing game, even tho it has a Track Level Editor.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:
Good Sony news never fail to bring saltiness to this threads!

The power of choice is strong with Sony.

Dont like JRPG's? You have TPS. Dont like TPS? You have FPS. Dont like FPS? You have Sports Games.

Every single genre is or will soon be covered.

But of course, this fact rustle the jimmies of people that are stuck with consoles where 80% of its games are platformers of the same franchise...or shooters from 3 generations ago.

The best games on the WiiU are a:

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Hack and Slash (Bayonetta 2)
- Adventure/Strategy (Pikmin 3)
- 3D platformer (3D World)
- 2D platformer (Tropical Freeze)
- Fighting game (Smash Bros 4)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

And soon an open world JRPG (XBX) and probably a Space shooter (STZ) and a horror game (FFV)

But that´s not variety, nop, having an action Rpg as the only great game of your first party line up, that´s real variety.

WiiU's been out for a year longer & Sony still has two more conferences left for the year. Considering 2016 is stacked we would have to consider PS4 exclusives out by the end of next year to have an accurate portrayal. 

Action/ Adventure: Uncharted 4, inFamous: Second Son 
Fighting: SFV, Guilty Gear 
FPS: Killzone Shadowfall
Action RPG: BloodBorne
JRPG: Persona 5, Disgaea 
Sports: MLB 
Platforming: Tearaway
Level Creation: LBP3 

All these games scored well (except Killzone) or will easily score in the AA - AAA range going by track record. Now games like Dreams, Horizon, TLG, Gravity Rush, can very well achieve AA - AAA based on expectations & hype. Considering the WiiU's death, big hitters like GT7, GoW4 & TLoU2 which are confirmed but yet to release, an actual controller, stronger hardware, more multiplats.. 

Having first and third party games is real variety. 

AEGRO said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah because I totally said that.

Well, you mentioned "Level Editor" as a genre. Thats a silly point of view, Mario Maker is a platformer just like Gran Turismo 6 is a racing game, even tho it has a Track Level Editor.

Yeah, and RPG Maker is just an RPG like Final Fantasy, but with a world editor lol

A game that encourages you to spend way more time thinking, designing and painting  your levels than playing them is a separate kind of game, and thats pretty obvious for everyone that has the game, the focus of the game is not the platforming, is the level creator, and say what you want, the experience is miles away from any other platformer.

Skullwaker said:
AEGRO said:
The fact that i didnt name names and you still went out knighting speak for itself LOL

The fact that he proved your post wrong and your only retort is "LOL" speaks for itself.

XBONE:

JRPG: FF XV, KH3

TPS: Gears of War

FPS: Halo

Sports: Fifa, Madden, PES, PCM, etc.

Wii U:

JRPG: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Ibun Genei Roku #FE

Level creator: Super Mario Maker

TPS: Splatoon

Action adventure: Zelda U

Fighting: Pokken Tournament

On-rails shooter: Star Fox Zero

Survival horror: Fatal Frame V

Tell me, how on earth does this prove my post wrong? LOL 

On the contrary, it holds my argument even more.

None of those games are even out. Some of those genres dont even exist.

I dont usually reply to Mr Fantastic reach silly arguments, but you asked me to so...

Goodnightmoon said:
Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The best games on the WiiU are a:

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Hack and Slash (Bayonetta 2)
- Adventure/Strategy (Pikmin 3)
- 3D platformer (3D World)
- 2D platformer (Tropical Freeze)
- Fighting game (Smash Bros 4)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

And soon an open world JRPG (XBX) and probably a Space shooter (STZ) and a horror game (FFV)

But that´s not variety, nop, having an action Rpg as the only great game of your first party line up, that´s real variety.

Since when is level editor a genre? It's a platformer, Like LBP.

The main focus of the game and where the game is more fun is on the level creation, is over all a level creator, nobody would say that RPG maker is an RPG or Project Spark a platformer, they are editors of that genre, the game experience is quite different, you can´t put Super Mario Maker in the same bag of 2D platformer because it doesn´t feel like that, you spend hours painting levels instead of jumping.

Well, you couldn't use platformer to describe Project Spark since it's levels extend to different genres. Mario Maker litteraly just lets you make 2d platformer levels.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

Yeah, ang RPG Maker is just an RPG like Final Fantasy, but with a world editor lol

A game that encourages you to spend way more time thinking, designing and painting  your levels than playing them is a separate kind of game, and thats pretty obvious for everyone that has the game, the focus of the game is not the platforming, is the level creator, and say what you want, the experience is miles away from any other platformer.

What RPG maker are you talking about?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

AEGRO said:
XBONE:

Wii U:

I dont usually reply to Mr Fantastic reach silly arguments, but you asked me to so...

This whole thread is filled with lists that have unreleased games. Hell, that's what the OP basically is.

I guess you missed that, huh?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

Yeah, ang RPG Maker is just an RPG like Final Fantasy, but with a world editor lol

AEGRO said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The level of your posts is only going down man

Skullwaker said:
AEGRO said:
XBONE:

Wii U:

This whole thread is filled with lists that have unreleased games. Hell, that's what the OP basically is.

I guess you missed that, huh?

The OP didnt mentioned Nintendo games, but im seeing you Nintendo guys very comfortable here on this Sony/Microsoft thread, as always.