By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump accepts invitation to Stephen Colbert's Late Night Show, can he leave the show unscathed when he faces Colbert?

Can Trump nail his appearance in the Colbert show?

Trump never looks good anywhere. 50 28.57%

Sure, the guy has a sense of humor. 46 26.29%

Colbert will go easy on h... 22 12.57%

I can't fucking care less. 18 10.29%

Colbert will mop the floo... 39 22.29%

Total:175
SamuelRSmith said:
Madword said:

I dont think that is true, otherwise the term "The rich get richer, and the poorer get poorer" would never be said. Yes of course if you give someone 1m they will be a new house, car, holiday, they'll spend it to make their life better. You give someone $40-200m who is already living a good life, it's very easy to make more money with that. yes one or two might blow it (Nicolas cage is a good example), but on the whole, once you get a few million it's easy to make lots more money.

Lots of stuff gets said that has no bearing on reality, including that phrase.

Truth is, those who come into "easy money" more likely than not end up bankrupt.

http://www.goldengirlfinance.com/inspiration/?post_id=1385

"According to a 2010 study by researchers at Vanderbilt University, the University of Kentucky and the University of Pittsburgh, the more money you win in the lottery, the more likely you are to end up bankrupt.

The authors divided past lottery winners into two separate groups: Those who had won cash prizes between $50,000 and $150,000, and those who had won $10,000 or less. What they found is that those who had won the more sizable sums were more likely to have filed for bankruptcy five years later. Similar research from the National Endowment for Financial Education estimates that 70 percent of people who had unexpectedly come into large sums of money ended up broke within seven years."

Well lottery winners is totally different to being born/living in wealth... that's the point that people are trying to make.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
DonFerrari said:
generic-user-1 said:

what? thats an insult in the worst case, and an insult doesnt get you into jail, he could sue me, but i doubt that will happen

Isn't conman an allegation of him being a criminal? In Brazil I'm positive it could be understand as that... well different cultures I guess.

the world is full of con artist, priests, scientologie, people who promote BS diets and food suppliments, all of those things are legal cons.

I agree with you... but saying a priest, diet companies, etc are con artists in Brazil could cause you to be sued by slander... even though the judge may have the same opinion as you that the guy in applying a con on the people without evidence that he done that in manners not protected by religion freedom or any other silly thing you would probably suffer severe loss.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Colbert is a shill but he needs Trump for ratings b/c let's face it his show is doomed to failure. Colbert's beta cuckery will look weak juxtaposed next to the Donald so I doubt he will attack him in any meaningful way

DonFerrari said:
generic-user-1 said:
DonFerrari said:
generic-user-1 said:

what? thats an insult in the worst case, and an insult doesnt get you into jail, he could sue me, but i doubt that will happen

Isn't conman an allegation of him being a criminal? In Brazil I'm positive it could be understand as that... well different cultures I guess.

the world is full of con artist, priests, scientologie, people who promote BS diets and food suppliments, all of those things are legal cons.

I agree with you... but saying a priest, diet companies, etc are con artists in Brazil could cause you to be sued by slander... even though the judge may have the same opinion as you that the guy in applying a con on the people without evidence that he done that in manners not protected by religion freedom or any other silly thing you would probably suffer severe loss.

thats why brazil is a 3rd world country...

generic-user-1 said:
DonFerrari said:

To make an accusation on someone you need proof... I'm quite sure us law system is a lot more criticized than brazilian for frivolous cases, and calling Trump or any figurehead a con artist would generate a lawsuit if you were using any real ID and promoting the idea.

But sure, Brazil being 3rd world country is certainly the problem.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
generic-user-1 said:

To make an accusation on someone you need proof... I'm quite sure us law system is a lot more criticized than brazilian for frivolous cases, and calling Trump or any figurehead a con artist would generate a lawsuit if you were using any real ID and promoting the idea.

trump could sue me, but thats all.

politics and games do not go together however trump will eat him alive

generic-user-1 said:
DonFerrari said:
generic-user-1 said:

trump could sue me, but thats all.

And that was what I said... how brazil being an underdeveloped country but yet 8th economy have to do with it?

Problem is that no matter what Colbert says, or how foolish he makes Trump look, it doesn't matter. Support for Trump is not based on any sort of logic, reason, or rational evaluation of his positions. You can't reason someone out of a postion they were not reasoned into.

Isn't it kind of obvious that this will have no impact? Shocking news: the kind of people who like Trump, don't like Colbert. The kind of people who like Colbert, don't like Trump. Both sides are going to come out of this looking like a winner/loser, depending on who you ask.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but it's not like that means anything.