By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Nintendo Life] Google Produces a Pretty Super Mario Anniversary Infographic

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh, but they care about New Super Mario Bros U, lmfao. If you are trying to say that 3D world is not good you must have played another game or not played it at all.

I guess you know now which title is the mind of Google, and which one is not...

BTW, I recently played the game for the third time (alongside NSMBU and SMW).

It doesn´t really make sense, while the game is not a revolution, neither Galaxy 2 or NSMBU are, and if we talk about reception, a 93 on metacritic and almost 4 milion sold is more than enough. They should have added the game on that list and say something like "the first 3D Mario with co-op multiplayer" or something like that. But oh well, that game is usually heavily underrated for reasons unkonwn.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

It doesn´t really make sense, while the game is not a revolution, neither Galaxy 2 or NSMBU are, and if we talk about reception, a 93 on metacritic and almost 4 milion sold is more than enough. They should have added the game on that list and say something like the fact that is the first 3D Mario with co-op or something like that. But oh well, that game is usually heavily underrated for reasons unkonwn.

It's not underrated, it's simply ignored because is not what people wanted, added to the fact that the Wii U is a failure.

Nintendo must have released:

2012 - New Super Mario Bros U Super Mario Maker

2013 - Super Mario 3D World Super Mario 64-2

2015 - Super Mario Maker Super Mario 3D World

Timing is very important, and Nintendo has been out of touch all the gen.

Edit: Galaxy 2 is just DLC. If it was mentioned it was because Galaxy's greatness, not because Galaxy 2 is something memorable on its own. At a certain level, you can apply the same to NSMBU.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

It doesn´t really make sense, while the game is not a revolution, neither Galaxy 2 or NSMBU are, and if we talk about reception, a 93 on metacritic and almost 4 milion sold is more than enough. They should have added the game on that list and say something like the fact that is the first 3D Mario with co-op or something like that. But oh well, that game is usually heavily underrated for reasons unkonwn.

It's not underrated, it's simply ignored because is not what people wanted, added to the fact that the Wii U is a failure.

Nintendo must have released:

2012 - New Super Mario Bros U Super Mario Maker

2013 - Super Mario 3D World Super Mario 64-2

2015 - Super Mario Maker Super Mario 3D World

Timing is very important, and Nintendo has been out of touch all the gen.

Yup, that´s pretty much true, it just bother me that a great game like 3D World is always being ignored.

I really think WiiU would have sold twice if SMM was released as a launch game btw, same happens with Splatoon, if those 2 games were launch games things would be completely different now, let´s hope NX is better in terms of timing, I´m optimistic about it.

Goodnightmoon said:

Yup, that´s pretty much true, it just bother me that a great game like 3D World is always being ignored.

I really think WiiU would have sold twice if SMM was released as a launch game btw, same happens with Splatoon, if those 2 games were launch games things would be completely different now, let´s hope NX is better in terms of timing, I´m optimistic about it.

Yes. A new fresh IP and a good game in the iconic Mario series would have been very good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'll just say that I have Mario 3D World and have only had the time to play the first 2 worlds, but I'm halfway through the extra 8 worlds that unlock after you beat the main game in Mario 3D Land, and that game deserves to be on this chart. Its also one of the only games I know that 3D actually affected the game play (not in all levels, but in some select orthogonal scenes)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes. I knew fresh IP and a good game in the iconic Mario series would have been very good.

This. Those 2 would have validated the Gamepad from the get go

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Just a heads-up:
I doubt Super Mario Maker would exist without New Super Mario Bros. U and the development software.

I also doubt that the Tokyo EAD Division that made Galaxy in three years is going to make 64-2 in two, with the full attention of the team, of course.

Just remember that hindsight is 20/20 and Iwata's eyesight certainly wasn't.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3