By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
PS4 wins by about 20-30k

Try 7k lol. I think, minus huge launch periods like Uncharted, the days of PS4 lop sided wins are over.

You could minus anything and everything to make any statement fit any POV.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
PS4 wins by about 20-30k

Try 7k lol. I think, minus huge launch periods like Uncharted, the days of PS4 lop sided wins are over.

The denial is strong in this one... Even after 2 years into the console war. 

UltimateGamerConsole said:
jlmurph2 said:
7k difference? That's a statistical tie. Great to see Gears and Rare Replay in that top 10 though.

Winning is winning, whether by an inch or by a mile.

When you're dealing with estimates, a less than a 3.5% difference is a tie.

JRPGfan said:
jlmurph2 said:

I'm wondering if he's being sarcastic

I mean the PS vita isnt even mentioned, compaired to that the 3DS sales are pretty monsterous.

Also at 54million units sold... thats by no means bad.

Compared to the DS it's lackluster.

jlmurph2 said:
JRPGfan said:

I mean the PS vita isnt even mentioned, compaired to that the 3DS sales are pretty monsterous.

Also at 54million units sold... thats by no means bad.

Compared to the DS it's lackluster.

Well the seventh gen handheld market is the definition of anomalous with a dumbfounding 236mil units sold, up from the meat 80mil of the previous gen.  When you account for the slow start and price point issues of the 3DS and Vita and the fact the gen isn't over and they aren't far of the performance baseline of the gens prior or the DS/PSP, with a total of over 66mil sold so far.

Around the Network

Another win for Sony... good to see people aren't giving MS too much for these token gestures of late. It is all smoke and mirrors (Cloud, Games, Hololens) When they start getting their way all those things disappear and they go back to drought season and DRM up the ass.

At any time Sony can drop the hammer and finish the game if they so choose.
I got an email with a discount for GTAV the other day and just reminded me that they were showing something behind closed doors at E3, I think they will reveal a game at a show later this year possibly an exclusive.

Sony are expected to hit over 40 dollars a share over the next 12 months... they just raised 2.5 billion for something big. Exciting times.

Great to see Gears in third place, Minecraft beasting as usual, Call of Duty Black Ops combo pack a surprise, and people are forgetting that the Halo 5 bundle was announce in August and other information. Also that the gap between the X1 and PS4 were closer than anyone thought with a 7,000 difference rather than 20,000 or 30,000.

Proud to be a Californian.

Drakrami said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The denial is strong in this one... Even after 2 years into the console war. 

Some people were expecting a bigger gap between the two but it seems that wasn't the case so it seems people overestimated things.

Proud to be a Californian.

Sales numbers are pretty boring this gen. Just sayin'.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

AlfredoTurkey said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
PS4 wins by about 20-30k

It has always been fairly close in NPD. It's a combination of PS4's success everywhere else and XB1's failure everywhere else that causes such one-sided sales.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames