By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

PS4 209k
XB1 202k
Wiiu 42k
3DS 77k

Man Wii U getting outsold almost x5 (by both PS4 & Xb1).
The good news is 3DS is a mosnter.

Close month between the PS4 and XB1.
Both sold lower than I expected though.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
jason1637 said:
Well no wii u numbers it seems. Also until dawn did decent by only selling 30k more than splatoon.

Until Dawn was released on August 25th, less than a week was charted on NPD.

Ddidnt gears launch around that time to? But still 90k is ok amount for a new ip and all. But the game got lots of lets plays on youtube so i expected about 120k fw and maybe 400k in the us lifetime.

Even with Ms insane deals, the Xone is not first.

September is already locked for sony, let's see october for something more interesting.

jlmurph2 said:
7k difference? That's a statistical tie. Great to see Gears and Rare Replay in that top 10 though.

was very close indeed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
PS4 209k
XB1 202k
Wiiu 42k
3DS 77k

What is monster about 3DS sales?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:
PS4 209k
XB1 202k
Wiiu 42k
3DS 77k

I'm wondering if he's being sarcastic

jlmurph2 said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm wondering if he's being sarcastic

I mean the PS vita isnt even mentioned, compaired to that the 3DS sales are pretty monsterous.

Also at 54million units sold... thats by no means bad.

Great for PS4 as always, very good for X1, not that far behind!

walsufnir said:
Fei-Hung said:

You are right but we should also then point out like for like deals and the reality of PSTV and PSVita not being products most customers are interested in, especially in the US where the Vita is barely relevant. 

In comparison you have Gears, one of the most successful franchises, an annual Sports game with a decent following and the extremely nostalgic Rare collection with some of the best Rare games including Conkers Bad Fur Day.

The PS4 bundles are stale in comparison to the X1s. It would be different if you had the Gears bundle go up against the MGS bundle, or the Rare bundle against a Tearaway bundle. 

Is there a complete list available of all bundles with duration time to objectively compare? Also Gears was launched way too late to make substantial differences in hardware sales, in my opinion.

Everyone knew it was coming, so probably everyone who wanted to buy an XB1 for Gears bought it in August. 5 days are enough to make a huge difference in sales, as are Rare Replay and Madden bundle.

jlmurph2 said:
7k difference? That's a statistical tie. Great to see Gears and Rare Replay in that top 10 though.

Winning is winning, whether by an inch or by a mile.