By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

jason1637 said:
Will we get numbers for ps4 soon?

Still wating for Creamsugar.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Tagged

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Also splatoon did well.

GribbleGrunger said:
After two years with a 100% record, people are still doubting Amazon? Come on now.

LOL. You're using product rankings and assumptions to derive the sales data across the US. Doubt it? I laugh at the thought of using it as the sole basis for extrapolation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

LOL. You're using product rankings and assumptions to derive the sales data across the US. Doubt it? I laugh at the thought of using it as the sole basis for extrapolation.

But it's been right every single time. Of course I'm going to use it. Unless you value extraordinary coincidence over solid evidence, I can't see why you wouldn't either.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
binary solo said:

And there it is. Quite possible that Xb one actually got more copies of Madden into houses, but as NPD doesn't count official bundles Sony gets to use Madden as a PR win instead of MS. Though perhaps if Madden sold more on Xb one when counting the bundle MS could come out with PR along those lines. But in this situations it's a case of early bird gets the worm rather than second mouse gets the cheese.

Wasnt there a promotion where you could get Madden for free with the purchase of a PS4? Im pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

I remember something about that.  THere was a specific retailer and I'm not really sure that it was last month... I think I heard about it a total of 1 time.

CosmicSex said:
twintail said:
binary solo said:

And there it is. Quite possible that Xb one actually got more copies of Madden into houses, but as NPD doesn't count official bundles Sony gets to use Madden as a PR win instead of MS. Though perhaps if Madden sold more on Xb one when counting the bundle MS could come out with PR along those lines. But in this situations it's a case of early bird gets the worm rather than second mouse gets the cheese.

Wasnt there a promotion where you could get Madden for free with the purchase of a PS4? Im pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

I remember something about that.  THere was a specific retailer and I'm not really sure that it was last month... I think I heard about it a total of 1 time.

Walmart and Gamestop.

PS4 on top again despite all the deals and games from MS last month. Looking forward to next month.

twintail said:
binary solo said:

Yes, but the point is all those giveaways for the PS4 are counted by NPD, whereas the official Xb one Madden bundle is not counted except for hardware purchases. So whoever gets the actual software sales figures are getting 100% data for PS4 but <100% data for Xb one. So we actually don't know which console has the bigger Madden distribution. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

outlawauron said:
GribbleGrunger said:
After two years with a 100% record, people are still doubting Amazon? Come on now.

Who is deriving sales data from Amazon? We're deriving a sales ranking from Amazon and not making any predicitons on sales data. Seems you don't really understand how paople are using Amazon information.

What assumptions do you think we are using? That Amazon represents a sufficient marketshare for Xb one and PS4 sales in the USA to provide a useful predictive model? Turns out Amazon does have a sufficient market share of the USA Xb one and PS4 sales to be a good predictive model, because it's been 100% correct so far. 

VGChartz could do worse than use the Amazon final monthly rankings to validate the positions of Xb one and PS4 if things are close and margin of error means it could go either way.  To date if VGC had done that they would have been 100% correct in PS4 vs Xb one position. Actual difference in sales would still need to be estimated by other means.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Sony:
"We would like to thank our fans and partners for their ongoing support of PlayStation and for making PS4 the top selling console and No. 1 in software sales in North America in August”.

Yes, and thankyou for your support for the PSVITA as well. Seriously, no mention to the Vita again!?!?
Even Nintendo is mentioning the Wii U even if it getting slayed from the competition.

Pocky Lover Boy!