By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

I really don't think sales numbers will follow logical reasoning this holiday in terms of hardware.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

Will TTK count as a full game or only the vanilla will be considered? 

Predictions?

PS: I´m assuming MGS V will enter the next report.

Most sales will be digital due upgrades.

But NPD will track the TTK like a full retail release... not the original Destiny but a new game called Destiny: The Taken King.

MGSV will get almost a full NPD month (it launched Sep 1st).

ArchangelMadzz said:
I was really confused why some thought XB1 would win but then remembered rare, madden and gears, daym.

And as I've already said, I'm confused why people thought Rare and Gears would do anything meaningful for hardware sales. And Sony countered the Madden bundle directly as well. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CosmicSex said:

In other news, The PS4 is actually up YOY again:

PS4 is up YoY everywhere now.

That's good news. Way to go, sony.

Around the Network

September and oktober should be the PS4 wins again... so next close month would be around november?

XBox One needs to hit it out the ball park, if it wants to catch up to the ps4 when realistically its only a few months of the year it has a chance to win. It needs to have a amasing november/december, if its to regain any ground.

JRPGfan said:
September and oktober should be the PS4 wins again... so next close month would be around november?

XBox One needs to hit it out the ball park, if it wants to catch up to the ps4 when realistically its only a few months of the year it has a chance to win. It needs to have a amasing november/december, if its to regain any ground.

October has Halo 5 so that one should be interesting.

JRPGfan said:

I'm very excited to see what October's NPD looks like (Halo)! November and December as well.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Why would PS4 win October? October is Halo month. It doesn't matter that Halo is coming on 20 October, Halo only needs a few days to give Xb one the win. All those pre-orders for the Halo bundle will come home to roost in October and Xb one sales will be huge.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheGoldenBoy said:
JRPGfan said:

October has Halo 5 so that one should be interesting.

but isnt halo 5 like right at the end of the month? like the 28th or something?

Uncharted collection is out early in October. I see that month being close, with the ps4  barely edgeing it out.

The battle is nov & dec.