By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's talk about Resident Evil.

I've only play three games from the franchise. Not a big fan of the older ones.

Here's my list:

1. RE 4
2. RE 6
3. RE 5

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
1. RE remake
2. RE2
3. RE1
4. RE4 (Great game.. terrible Resident Evil..)
5. RE3
6. RE5 (Superior mechanics to RE4, much better soundtracks. Co-op and Versus were fun additions now that 4 killed and "actionized" the series anyway. Everything else though was a step-backward, but hey I was probably world's most popular Versus player out there so maybe I shouldn't care about all the problems it had!!)
7. RE: Code Veronica
8. RE: Zero (The last true RE game, also the weakest but I still really liked it)
9. RE Outbreak (Both of them)
10. RE6 (My most disappointing game since Devil May Cry 2. Such a mess..)
11. RE Gun Survivor
12. RE Dead Aim

Can't agree with you more on your RE4 description. I just finished replaying it for the first time in 10 years and moved on to RE2 now and they don't even feel like they belong to the same series. I forgot how much more of an action game it is but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Also I'm surprised to see you liked RE5 more than RE0, I tried to play it when first released and remember being super disappointed. As a RE fan I really do need to force myself to play through 5 and 6 one time at least.

Ka-pi96 said:
My first was the original RE, 2 is my favourite though. 4 my least favourite, pretty much killed the franchise for me. 6 was an improvement over it but still not back to how good it originally was. Outside the mainline games I really enjoyed the Outbreak games, really wish they had continued and been expanded upon.

Are you kidding me? RE 6 is terrible as a third person shooter and survival horror. The plot is stupid as well. RE 4 might not have been good third person shooter, but that's because it was one of the first!

Anyway, I got into the games when I was 8. I played 4 on a PS2. Then I played the first three on PS1. They were slow, sure, but it made sense why. They weren't supposed to be shooters. My favorite is 4, because it felt like it had the perfect balance between horror and action. I disliked 5, because it still had tank controls, but I recognize that it was supposed to be an action game, not a horror game. Now 6 is terrible, because even if they went full-on third person shooter, they kept the survival horror elements! Limited ammo space, can't pick the weapons of your enemies, leaving you with the weapons they gave you, etc. The plot was even worse than 5. Seriously, they made the enemy of the game the RE version of the Illuminati. Bad choice there. Here's my ranking of the games:

1: RE 4

2: RE 2

3: REmake

4: RE: CV

5: RE: REV

6: RE 3

7: RE: Outbreak

8: RE: REV 2

9: RE 5

10: RE: The Darkside Chronicles

1. Remake
2. Re 4
3. RE 5
4. RE 3
5. Revelations
6. RE 2
7. RE 0
8. RE 6

never played code veronica

RE4 was the first I played, borrowed it from a friend on PS2 and loved it so much to replay it many times, and even bought it on X360.
My favorite is RE5, an excellent game made even better by adding local co-op fir my wife and me to play together. We played through it several times.
RE6 we did not enjoy that much.
We just finished playing Revelations 2 together, it was OK, nothing spectacular.

I tried to play several older ones, Veronica on X360 and this latest remake on PS4 and I quit both within 30 minutes. The controls are horrible, camera sucks, I can't believe people used to play games like this, tedious, boring and slow.
I will definitely not play any if those other remakes they are planning, unless they decide to update it not to suck.

Around the Network

RE 4 was the first one I played. I loved it so much I bought 2 and 3 on ps1, tried them but I just couldn't get into them. I skyped the ps3 so for me the only RE game I've enjoyed is 4.

1. Resident Evil 4 - one of my favourite videogames of all time. Excellent gameplay, an excellent protagonist, excellent villains and boss battles, etc. It was released over 10 years ago, but I still play it consistently.
2. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - a criminally underrated RE game
3. REmake - fun and scary
4. Resident Evil 2 - excellent gameplay, excellent soundtrack, and it introduced one of my favourite RE creatures (The Licker). My only complaint about this game is that Missions A & B aren't all that different.
5. Resident Evil - Code: Veronica - a great story, Wesker's best installment, and Chris' most tolerable. My only complaint is Claire, who went from a strong female character in RE 2 to a damsel in distress in this one. Why is she always unarmed during this game's cut scenes? Especially considering that she picks up explosive arrows and a grenade launcher.
6. Resident Evil 0 - arguably the franchise's scariest game. That being said, I found the game itself to be kind of boring, the co-op elements unrefined, and the bosses dull and uninspired. First a giant scorpion, then a giant centipede, and then a giant bat...
7. Resident Evil 5 - I enjoyed this game at first, but I quickly grew disillusioned with it. They took Resident Evil 4, took out all of the survival horror, and turned it into a generic action game. And don't even get me started on Shiva's AI...
8. Resident Evil 6 - I never played the full game. Getting through the demo felt like a chore.

I think the entire series is vastly overrated. I have only enjoyed RE2 and RE4.

Everything since RE4 has been borderline garbage imo.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

RE4
RE1
RE2
RE5
RE3
REvelations 2
REvelaitons
>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RE6

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

MY first was RE4. Yes. The game that changed the franchises genre type. But my fav is RE0. I prefer horror and static camera. Not action. Worst of the series is the light gun games. But if you mean main line games only. RE5.

My Ranks

RE0
RE original
Remake
RE4

Rev 2

RE2

Code
RE3

Rev 1
RE6
RE5