By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Future Triple A Games to Get Philips Hue Lighting Synchronization

"Speaking at the IFA tech trade show in Berlin, Philips has told Gizmodo UK that it's currently working with a whole range of AAA games that will be able to sync up to its Hue lighting system, offering synchronized ambient lighting effects to match what's going on in-game.

“With our connected lights we’re able to elevate gaming to a whole new level,” George Yianni, Head of Technology at Philips Lighting Home Systems, told Gizmodo UK.

"Due to the way features are so quickly tested and discarded during game development, Yianni couldn't share details on which titles would be getting the Hue features (beyond a nod that "triple A" developers were involved). But with Hue-enabled features in Chariotmaking their debut on the Xbox One version, safe money would point towards an expansion with titles on Microsoft's console first."

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/09/future-triple-aaa-games-to-get-philips-hue-lighting-synchronization/

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Makes me want a Philips TV now 😒

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
Makes me want a Philips TV now 😒

do they still make TVs? This uses the Hue lightning system.. I have that.. its controlled with an app on you smartphone so i'm guessing it will connect to your wifi and then control the lamps..

and yes sometime my living room is colored like a cheap hooker motel room..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm just about to get some Hue lighting. Microsoft need to use this in Gears 4 so my whole room becomes a crimson omen when I get shot.

Seems cool. I won't go out of my way to get this when purchasing a TV next time but could be a factor.

I'll wait for others to use it first too and read impressions.

Edit: Video in link doesn't work... Damn. 

Around the Network

So I tried this with my new lights, it works pretty well. I only have 2 lights in my living room(a pendant and an Iris lamp) but the game lets you configure up to 7 lights IIRC.

Playing the first level turned the lights green, they flashed white when I went past a checkpoint and turned off during loading screens. Still a boring game, but a good taste of what they're capable of. It does make me want an Ambilight TV now though.

Illumiroom downgrade confirmed! :p

Nice idea but I haven't seen a Philips tv advertised or in shops since I moved to Canada. It seems they don't exist here. Nothing on Amazon, Bestbuy only has a few old models without ambilight on their website.