By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most divisive video game among fans?

Tomb Raider Reboot - though not sure how divisive that is, given that game has nothing to do with Tomb Raider at all, but name.

Fallout 3 pops to mind as well, though it's not as big offender as TR.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
MGS4! I've been a Metal Gear fan since the NES and I love every game in the series.... except 4. In my opinion, it's not just a bad Metal Gear, it's a bad game, period! And you get tons and tons of people feeling it's "it's the best game, ever!" "11/10".

Maybe not the most devisive but for me, it is definitely frustrating. Like I'm the only one who sees the truth or something.

mgs4's problem is that it's saddled with the burden of tying up all of the series' innumerable loose ends in a fancy little bow, the problem being the bow was about six inches of felt trying to hold a metric fuck-tonne of bullshit.  If they had cut about four or five hours of exposition (and that's not even hyperbole, they probably could have easily cut at least that much out of the game) it could have been a much tighter and more interesting experience, rather than lifting the curtain and showing us that Kojima really had no idea what the fuck he was doing in the first place.

Dusk said:
Michelasso said:
FF XIII. A small loud minority pretends to speak for everybody else who actually enjoyed the game.

And just to prove how divisive it is... FFVIII is garbage. I could go on but it will undoubedly be TLDR and can be summed as "is garbage". I think it's the small minority that actually enjoyed the game.

I don't get it. I was talking about FF13. Not FF8.

160rmf said:
Michelasso said:
FF XIII. A small loud minority pretends to speak for everybody else who actually enjoyed the game.

If they actually enjoyed, why they didn't continued the series, buying the XIII-2 and lightning returns?

Maybe because people don't like FF sequels? FFXIII-2 still sold more than 3 million combined. Regarding FFXIII out of more than 11K user reviews in Gamespot (thus not that metacritic asylum) it has got an 8.2:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/final-fantasy-xiii-review/1900-6252888/

That means that vast majority voting in Gamespot gave FFXIII an 8 or more.

And for people who didn't play LR:FFXIII.. their loss. The combat system is simply great. D* Souls games compared to 5 star the Last Boss+ in hard mode are a joke. But true, it's action oriented. Some people do prefer that crappy combat system of FF VI that even plays by itself on mobile phones with the automatic mode... Pleaze.

Skyward Sword for sure, even more so than The Wind Waker

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Michelasso said:

Oh thank you!!!!! 

Close the thread... shut it down!  This is the correct answer!

Super Mario Sunshine. A lot of people seems to like it, and a lot of people seems to not like it. I'm on the third camp, I hate this game. It's one of the really few games that I want to like, but everytime I'm trying to play it, I throw my controller after less than one hour.

I just don't understand what people like in Mario Sunshine, except for graphics or soundtrack (which are both great). It just play like a cheap china copy of Mario 64 (IMO ofc).

You know the answer is Final Fantasy as a whole when you look at the posts here.

It has basically derailed the thread haha.

Resident Evil 4. It is loved by many, but know older fans saw it as a massive departure and led to downfall of the series to them.

Final fantasy series obviously, zelda has a couple of divisive games but in a whole they are really similar while final fantasy changes almost everything. You just read some comments in final fantasy youtube videos (soundtracks, intros, etc)