By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Western Release confirmed - Gyakuten Saiban 6(Ace Attorney) announced for 3DS

Well that pretty much confirms that the Feys are coming back.

Around the Network

Is the 5 installment good? I tried the demo and was good but don't know if it's worth the full price.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Is the 5 installment good? I tried the demo and was good but don't know if it's worth the full price.

I think it's definitely good. Probably my third favorite in the series(I haven't played AAI2 though)

Pavolink said:

I loved it, personally. It does a good job of streamlining the process and getting rid of the annoyances from past Ace Attorney game (most notably pixel hunts for evidence and annoying courtroom segments where there's a number of possible contradictions but only one right one, or only letting you present it if you press first). It's not perfect, it tends to bludgeon you with some of its big themes as well as making some things a bit too easy, but the story is still rock solid, the characters are all very well rounded (particularly the WAA trio), and the courtroom segments are all well done, with some twists that really got me.

Clyde32 said:
Pavolink said:

I think it's definitely good. Probably my third favorite in the series(I haven't played AAI2 though)

AAI2 is the best so far so it may down AA5 to the fourth place :P

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
Clyde32 said:

AAI2 is the best so far so it may down AA5 to the fourth place :P

Honestly I thought AAI2 was the low point in the series. So much of it felt really contrived, and the big reveal of how everything had been pulled off was pretty convoluted, imo. Certainly not a bad game, but it wound up being my least favorite AA.

Still, I guess that's the wonderful thing about Ace Attorney. Even the worst game is one I'd take over most others.

I hope they give the Great Phoenix Wright game a western release too. I wanna battle Sherlock Holmes in the courtroom

Anyway good to know a new one is coming. The series has its flaws, but it never ceases to entertain me

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:
I hope they give the Great Phoenix Wright game a western release too. I wanna battle Sherlock Holmes in the courtroom

Anyway good to know a new one is coming. The series has its flaws, but it never ceases to entertain me

I'd love to see it, but I think the chances are pretty slim. Seems like Capcom's given up on localizing games that don't involve Phoenix Wright, which sucks. 

So the French Ace Attorney account basically confirmed that DGS is never coming West. I get the sense this means we'll probably never get a non Phoenix Wright involved AA game again. Definitely a shame, but it's comforting to know that Capcom's continuing to at least give us Phoenix.

Speaking of which...here's some more scans from the newly released Famitsu.

The new Asian themed courtroom is so cool.

Clyde32 said:
Well that pretty much confirms that the Feys are coming back.

You think Feys are coming back when first revealed new character's name is 'Lets Tour With Me'? (Bokuto Tsuani)