By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So, is the backwards compatibility overhyped?

Why do you buy new gen consoles?

For last gen games! 10 3.05%

New gen is for new gens! 189 57.62%

Both, but new gen more. 121 36.89%

Both, but last gen more. 8 2.44%

Total:328
Nintyfan90 said:
Some of the comments here are hilarious. Such obvious hurt feelings lol. It certainly isnt hurting either WiiU, One, or 3DS. I could even go as far as saying majority of the market wants it.

of course it's cool to have it, nobody can deny that but at the same time, it's not that big of a deal.  It has minimal impact on sales IMO.

Around the Network

Of course it helps!
After buying Wii U I immediately sold my Wii.

Better question, What will help Xbox? Can't think of anything to be honest, apart from Halo 5.

I really don't think most people really cared, it's just that people were looking for Xbox points.

Angelv577 said:
Nintyfan90 said:
Some of the comments here are hilarious. Such obvious hurt feelings lol. It certainly isnt hurting either WiiU, One, or 3DS. I could even go as far as saying majority of the market wants it.

of course it's cool to have it, nobody can deny that but at the same time, it's not that big of a deal.  It has minimal impact on sales IMO.

Why does it need to have an impact on sales and why would it? Obviously Sony fans are just upset they don't have it. Ofcourse you're gonna downplay it, you weren't even given a choice lol.

Around the Network
Kotastic said:
I really don't think most people really cared, it's just that people were looking for Xbox points.

The gaming market may or may not care but majority of it has it. Just the current Gen Sony fans lack it. Everyone else has it.

More features is ALWAYS a plus but as for the poll it's pretty clear that people want new games for a new generation ...

fatslob-:O said:
More features is ALWAYS a plus but as for the poll it's pretty clear that people want new games for a new generation ...

This. Thats why BC is good, it HOPEFULLY keeps companies from rereleasing due to consoles being backwards compatible.

Nintyfan90 said:
Kotastic said:

The gaming market may or may not care but majority of it has it. Just the current Gen Sony fans lack it. Everyone else has it.

So what. Sony is winning by a huge gap and they don't have BC. 

Nintyfan90 said:
Angelv577 said:

Why does it need to have an impact on sales and why would it? Obviously Sony fans are just upset they don't have it. Ofcourse you're gonna downplay it, you weren't even given a choice lol.

well if it has an impact on sales means its really that important or that its a must for gamers which its not.  Like I said, its good to have it doesnt mean its a feature that I need yes or yes.  Last gen I bought the ps3 with BC and only used it to play one ps2 game so its not that I am downplaying it, its just that for me its not that big of a deal.