By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats with some of the new poster's?

kenzomatic said:
I know but it's like going to a party were you don't know people and walking up into some conversation and telling them off, Or going up to the DJ to say this music sucks.
No, it is nothing like that.  This is the internet, welcome.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

Yeah I've noticed it too xD I've been seeing some PS3 supporters taking it a bit to far and that kinda blows wind up my skirt >_>; But maybe they just need to be ignored or something LOL

BTW OLED IS AMAZING, SHUSH YOUR YAP ;-;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

most of the post fall into

see more crazy cat pics

FreeTalkLive said:
kenzomatic said:
I know but it's like going to a party were you don't know people and walking up into some conversation and telling them off, Or going up to the DJ to say this music sucks.
No, it is nothing like that.  This is the internet, welcome.

So I guess being on the internet justifies anything. You know there are rules to this forum and people are breaking them left and right and not getting banned.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

New members should not dive directly in and start pointing fingers or calling senior users out, that's just bad form.
I think that many lurkers who sign up feel like they know us all and keep forgetting that they actually haven't parttaken in the discussions themselves despite probably having read heaps of them.
I remember feeling slight kinship or aggrevation with certain members before I joined myself, but I would never want to join a forum and start a moralistic tirade against senior users in any case.
In fact; I still don't want to do that, and I feel there should be some etiquette even on the internet.
If you don't respect the community, maybe you shouldn't have joined.

Around the Network

I must be skipping around these threads in some kind of blissful dream, I haven't seen much hate lately.

everyone here respects the reggienator

Riot Of The Blood said:
kenzomatic said:

What is with all these new poster comming in and starting s***?

I keep seeing these people with anywhere from 1 to 7 post comming on the forum and attacking people. Some even start with there own thread where they attack people in general or the site. I mean I'll admit my first post was arguing against something (oled contrast ratios) But I didn't come in and say you people are all retarded children and here is the real deal.

Seriously I don't get it why would you want to show up and immediately be hated?

Are these members making other accounts?

That's how video game-based communties are. You will never find a video game message board where people actually respect each other.

This site was pretty good last year, but as we get larger the trolls are becoming more numerous.

hi.

Mummelmann said:
New members should not dive directly in and start pointing fingers or calling senior users out, that's just bad form.
I think that many lurkers who sign up feel like they know us all and keep forgetting that they actually haven't parttaken in the discussions themselves despite probably having read heaps of them.
I remember feeling slight kinship or aggrevation with certain members before I joined myself, but I would never want to join a forum and start a moralistic tirade against senior users in any case.
In fact; I still don't want to do that, and I feel there should be some etiquette even on the internet.
If you don't respect the community, maybe you shouldn't have joined.

True that.  I was a lurker for probably about a month or so before I joined, and I remember reading posts and formulating resplies and rebuttals in my head, but never getting around to registering, as many probably do.  However, when I finally did register I didn't jump in and start flaming people because I'm pretty non-confrontational.  If prompted I will vigorously defend my opinions, but ad hominem attacks never win arguments or make people respect you.