By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U problem!!!

Just now I went to play splatoon and when I put the game in the wii u wont read it!!!!! Looked at the disc and its still perfect with 100% zero scratches, I thought my system was broke so I tried more games and they ALL WORKED! But still this perfect disc of splatoon still wont play and I've played it many times before this. So maybe this is a glitch? Please tell me if the same glitch is happening to you. 

Around the Network
AAA300 said:

Just now I went to play splatoon and when I put the game in the wii u wont read it!!!!! Looked at the disc and its still perfect with 100% zero scratches, I thought my system was broke so I tried more games and they ALL WORKED! But still this perfect disc of splatoon still wont play and I've played it many times before this. So maybe this is a glitch? Please tell me if the same glitch is happening to you. 

It happened to me twice when i wa playing donkey kong tropical freeze, but it worked when took wii u power supply off and restarted it.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

F.Scofield said:
AAA300 said:

It happened to me twice when i wa playing donkey kong tropical freeze, but it worked when took wii u power supply off and restarted it.

But did other games work too? Its really strange for only one game to glitch like this!

AAA300 said:
F.Scofield said:

But did other games work too? Its really strange for only one game to glitch like this!

well some consoles are just strange...  i had to swap my ffX dvd with a friend because his ps2 refused to read it, but every other ps2 read it and his ps2 read other game discs without problems.

Was going to get on to choose sides for splatfest but was too late! Maybe there's a glitch that locks down the game if you dont choose before the deadline. If anyone has not chosen a side to be on in splatfest please put in your game and see if it works. As the game is mainly online maybe it kills the game for the event because all online is now splatfest for the day!

Around the Network

Dunno how to fix it, but that happened to my Wii too. Wont play Smash Bros. Brawl, but every other game works fine.

it happened on my ps4, and even the cd got stucked, Fifa 15 is the game. So powered it off, even turning it on, then it wouldn't come up, so I've find the manual eject for PS4, then I've tried other games and tried Fifa 15. It worked again. I haven't chosen side yet, I'll try. Gimme a minute.

Nope. It worked perfectly fine for me. I even have XC so eject that disc, and tried Splatoon. Works fine for me.

Meh... Maybe there hand or finger prints on the Disc? Sometimes they can cause read errors... If not I suggest u turn off ur console, unplug it and restart... maybe a glitch in an download, upgrade, or patch...

My guess is it's the beginning of your wiiu laser going out. Some games expose the issue more than others.