By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shovel Knight Amiibo Real! Trailer...

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more of an reaction, I guess people don't care much for Shovel Knoght (can't say I blame them, it wasn't that great imo).

Anyway I'm happy that Amiibo only lock content that's not important/nobody wants behind them. Nobody would want content like this anyway, it's all about the figures, right guys? /s

As long as you direct your complaint to Yacht Club Games as Nintendo doesn't lock co-op behind an amiibo.

In Super Mario Maker amiibo unlock a shit ton of costumes, but you can also unlock them by beating the 100 Mario challenge.

Pff, yeah of course Nintendo is the innocent sheep once again. What would they have to do with exclusive content on their platform that is tied to figures that they produce, right?

The amiibo is being developed, manufactured and published by Yatch Club, and the content locked was their choice. It has been confirmed.

¯_(ツ)_/¯ 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
DerNebel said:

Pff, yeah of course Nintendo is the innocent sheep once again. What would they have to do with exclusive content on their platform that is tied to figures that they produce, right?

The amiibo is being developed, manufactured and published by Yatch Club, and the content locked was their choice. It has been confirmed.

¯_(ツ)_/¯ 

Gee so third parties can now just make Amiibo without Nintendos involvement? No licensing or anything from Nintendo needed? Hmm?

Think before posting.

Ironically bad acting is so fresh and unique :^)

DerNebel said:
Goodnightmoon said:
DerNebel said:

¯_(ツ)_/¯ 

Gee so third parties can now just make Amiibo without Nintendos involvement? No licensing or anything from Nintendo needed? Hmm?

Think before posting.

And exactly where is your souce that Nintendo ordered them to lock co-op behind an amiibo?

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Think before posting.

And exactly where is your souce that Nintendo ordered them to lock co-op behind an amiibo?

Oh, did I say that anywhere? Or are you just reading what you want again? All I'm saying is that it's laughable to completely disconnect Nintendo from this and treat them as innocent here (though I'm not surprised by the people trying to say that), Nintendo knew what content was going to be locked behind the Amiibo and they approved of it.

Again, think before posting.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Think before posting.

Oh, did I say that anywhere? Or are you just reading what you want again? All I'm saying is that it's laughable to completely disconnect Nintendo from this and treat them as innocent here (though I'm not surprised by the people trying to say that), Nintendo knew what content was going to be locked behind the Amiibo and they approved of it.

Considering Nintendo has never locked co-op behind an amiibo it's pretty obvious this was Yacht Club's idea.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Considering Nintendo has never locked co-op behind an amiibo it's pretty obvious this was Yacht Club's idea.

And Nintendo was of course entirely powerless and couldn't stop them from doing it, right?

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

And Nintendo was of course entirely powerless and couldn't stop them from doing it, right?

A multi-billion dollar company has better things to do than dictate what a small indie dev should do. I'm sure there were some guidelines, but it's not like Nintendo had any sort of creative control.

Nintendo agreed to an amiibo, nothing less, nothing more. They're not even producing or distributing them, that should tell you enough. You want Nintendo to bark orders at indie devs to scare them away? So tell me, are Sony or MS responsible for every exclusive content/game on their consoles?

Besides, people clearly thought this game was worth the purchase before this amiibo was unveiled, so I don't even see the problem. This isn't something they deliberatly held back on when the game first launched.

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Stop them from deliver the dlc that they want for a game that they developed and has already been out for a whole year being a complete sucess? They can release the dlc they want, Nintendo probably only tested the quality of the amiibo itself to see if was pretty enough to be an amiibo, but they don´t have to stop them from releasing the dlc they want.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

A multi-billion dollar company has better things to do than dictate what a small indie dev should do. I'm sure there were some guidelines, but it's not like Nintendo had any sort of creative control.

Nintendo agreed to an amiibo, nothing less, nothing more. They're not even producing or distributing them, that should tell you enough. You want Nintendo to bark orders at indie devs to scare them away? So tell me, are Sony or MS responsible for every exclusive content/game on their consoles?

Besides, people clearly thought this game was worth the purchase before this amiibo was unveiled, so I don't even see the problem. This isn't something they deliberatly held back on when the game first launched.

Lol, you think Sony and MS are not responsible for the exclusive content on their consoles? As long as we're not talking about games that are made exclusive without Sony/MS actually being involved in that decision (smaller japanese PS exclusives for instance) of course they are responsible.

In this case Nintendo is directly involved due to them licensing out the Amiibo.