By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Not Offering Annual Mario Kart And Super Smash Bros. Releases For A Reason

Tagged games:

IamAwsome said:
sc94597 said:

Actually Nintendo was given its Monolith shares by Namco after Nintendo tried to buy Namco but the Japanese government refused to allow it. That was like 2006 if I recall correctly. 

At the risk of derailing the thread, 

THEY REALLY TRIED TO BUY NAMCO!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!

Do you have a source? 

tried searching for proof... but couldn't find it on Google... can anyone else confirm this?

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hyrule Warriors

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Hyrule Warriors Legends
Zelda HD

There's only one full console release in this list, since you can't count Zelda Wii U, as it's not out yet, and we don't even know what system it will be on.

Same with handheld.  There's only one actual Zelda title in there.  The rest are remakes or spin-offs.  I don't think any reasonable person could say that a remake or a spin-off that isn't even the same genre can be a counted to make something "annualized".

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

IamAwsome said:
sc94597 said:

Actually Nintendo was given its Monolith shares by Namco after Nintendo tried to buy Namco but the Japanese government refused to allow it. That was like 2006 if I recall correctly. 

At the risk of derailing the thread, 

THEY REALLY TRIED TO BUY NAMCO!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!

Do you have a source? 

Actually it was for Bandai, before Namco and Bandai merged. Sorry about that.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-bid-to-buy-bandai-back-on-front-burner/1100-6083620/

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

As Nintendo combines their handheld and console, expect all their franchises to happen at least twice per generation.

Doubt it, you'll just see those games supported by more dlc, I'm talking about Smash and Mario Kart here. They really don't need two games per generation.

Hopefully it would lead to an increase of good Zelda games yes.

Mario Kart gets 2 releases per gen - console and handheld. I doubt they'll cancel one of those releases. Even SSB4 had a lot of overlapping sales. They won't want to miss out on those. But you might be right about the DLC packs.

Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

As Nintendo combines their handheld and console, expect all their franchises to happen at least twice per generation.

Doubt it, you'll just see those games supported by more dlc, I'm talking about Smash and Mario Kart here. They really don't need two games per generation.

Hopefully it would lead to an increase of good Zelda games yes.

Mario Kart gets 2 releases per gen - console and handheld. I doubt they'll cancel one of those releases. Even SSB4 had a lot of overlapping sales. They won't want to miss out on those. But you might be right about the DLC packs.

Because their fanbase is divided (there's overlap, but the gap between HC and HH is still big). This wouldn't be the case if they had a unified console. It's much cheaper and more profitable to just make dlc.

Assasins Creed can afford annual games because every game takes place in a different historic period and has a different story. Same goes for CoD. You can't say that of Mario Kart or SSB. What would differentiate the different versions if they're running on the same hardware?

New characters/fighters? DLC.

New stages/courses? DLC.

New modes? DLC.

I think going the DLC route would be far more profitable for them.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:
Pavolink said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hyrule Warriors

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Hyrule Warriors Legends
Zelda HD

There's only one full console release in this list, since you can't count Zelda Wii U, as it's not out yet, and we don't even know what system it will be on.

Same with handheld.  There's only one actual Zelda title in there.  The rest are remakes or spin-offs.  I don't think any reasonable person could say that a remake or a spin-off that isn't even the same genre can be a counted to make something "annualized".

So basically, Zelda team is so lazy to only have developed one game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

LOL. Okay, so your goal is to just say ridiculous things.  Sorry I wasted my time.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:

LOL. Okay, so your goal is to just say ridiculous things.  Sorry I wasted my time.

You couldn't tell by just looking @ his Avatar?

gabzjmm23 said:
better for Nintendo to have new IPs to compensate the gaps in their console cycle IPs rather than annualizing MK and Smash series.

Totally agree on this... It worked out GOLDEN with Splatoon and this game is only gonna get better thru time. Nintendo now has a NEW IP to make Millions off of that can join MK and SSB...