By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Not Offering Annual Mario Kart And Super Smash Bros. Releases For A Reason

Tagged games:

SubiyaCryolite said:
I said this years ago ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181277&page=1 ) , and talked about how franchises like Mass Effect and Call of Duty would also reach legendary status if only one (or two) entries came out each gen.
Its not magic, its perceived value. If a game comes out every year people think less of it, regardless of its quality. If a game is multi-plat, same thing. "OMG its also on PC" third party games would be treated like the second coming if they became truly platform exclusive too.
That's why Nintendo (and its fans) hate the concept of going third party because then the IPs perceived value would go down and they wouldn't be able to make bold and ridiculous claims online.

Thanks for the amateur psychology class.

You do realize that the two highest rated games of the year are multi-plat right?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Thanks for the amateur psychology class.

You do realize that the two highest rated games of the year are multi-plat right?

That you'll be sure to downplay I reckon.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hyrule Warriors

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Hyrule Warriors Legends
Zelda HD

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

better for Nintendo to have new IPs to compensate the gaps in their console cycle IPs rather than annualizing MK and Smash series.

I per console gen is already enough so it's all good

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
97alexk said:

I love this philosophy, Nintendo kinda feels like they are on a whole another level at making games, its just not making games like any other dev. Its having some unique to it. An example of this, after xenoblade chronicles was released on Wii, nintendo decided to buy monolith soft quick before anyoone else takes this amazing developer.

Actually Nintendo was given its Monolith shares by Namco after Nintendo tried to buy Namco but the Japanese government refused to allow it. That was like 2006 if I recall correctly. 

But they always release a Mario game every year.

sc94597 said:
97alexk said:

I love this philosophy, Nintendo kinda feels like they are on a whole another level at making games, its just not making games like any other dev. Its having some unique to it. An example of this, after xenoblade chronicles was released on Wii, nintendo decided to buy monolith soft quick before anyoone else takes this amazing developer.

Actually Nintendo was given its Monolith shares by Namco after Nintendo tried to buy Namco but the Japanese government refused to allow it. That was like 2006 if I recall correctly. 

why would they refuse to allow it?

97alexk said:
sc94597 said:

why would they refuse to allow it?

Anti-trust laws.

sc94597 said:
97alexk said:

At the risk of derailing the thread, 

THEY REALLY TRIED TO BUY NAMCO!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!

Do you have a source?