By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Honest Trailers: Mad Max Fury Road

Emperorbach said:
LurkerJ said:
........ and it's not like Age of ultron dialogue is amazing or anything.

Characters rarely, if ever, utter more than one sentence. Cheesy one-liners, one after the other. Where is the dialogue?

Watch Game of Thrones and go back to Age of Ultron and try making a comparison. It's not possible. Go watch Up In The Air and come back and tell me Age of Ultron's dialogue is great. You can't, and that's fine.

Superhero movies aren't trying to convey a message or a deep story-line after all. Marvel has found the winning formula and they are sticking to it. No reason to change it. But please don't try to pass these movies for more than what they are; popcorn flicks.

this , marvel movies are fun , but they have certain beats and vibes that are becoming stale and they generally know and acept what they are ( fun popcorn flicks ) , which i think ultron at times wasnt trying to be and ended uo being detrimental to the movie

Well if that's all you go for that's all you're gonna see.  Ultron had a great character arc and his dialogue subtly hinted at his personality evolving.  It isn't the first Marvel film to have deep character development.  IM3 was great because they evolved the character and played on his fears from the previous film (Avengers) and his experience.  His PTSD portrayal was praised by many veterans and it is one of Downey's finest performances (and this it the guy who did Chaplin)

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
........ and it's not like Age of ultron dialogue is amazing or anything.

Characters rarely, if ever, utter more than one sentence. Cheesy one-liners, one after the other. Where is the dialogue?

Watch Game of Thrones and go back to Age of Ultron and try making a comparison. It's not possible. Go watch Up In The Air and come back and tell me Age of Ultron's dialogue is great. You can't, and that's fine.

Superhero movies aren't trying to convey a message or a deep story-line after all. Marvel has found the winning formula and they are sticking to it. No reason to change it. But please don't try to pass these movies for more than what they are; popcorn flicks.

Exactly this. Any of the movies with Iron-Man in them are basically two hour snorefests of RDJ making shitty one liners over and over and over. There was a lot of potential with Ultron for a deep character/story arc for both Ultron himself and all of the Avengers but nope.. lets have Spader and RDJ exchange mostly flat one liners every time.

Fury road is the only mad max movie i've watched and i most say it is a very well made movie. I liked it a lot, we really need more movies like this one.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Emperorbach said:

this , marvel movies are fun , but they have certain beats and vibes that are becoming stale and they generally know and acept what they are ( fun popcorn flicks ) , which i think ultron at times wasnt trying to be and ended uo being detrimental to the movie

Well if that's all you go for that's all you're gonna see.  Ultron had a great character arc and his dialogue subtly hinted at his personality evolving.  It isn't the first Marvel film to have deep character development.  IM3 was great because they evolved the character and played on his fears from the previous film (Avengers) and his experience.  His PTSD portrayal was praised by many veterans and it is one of Downey's finest performances (and this it the guy who did Chaplin)

RDJ is a great actor , nut he doesn't have that many great movies and noteworthy perfomances

OH AND IRON MAN 3 IS A TERRIBLE MOVIE

movie had a ton of plot holes

1 why did all of tony's suits suck ass, each extremely fragile 

2 Tony's one suit in the avengers was crazy powerful and yet now in iron man 3 all his suits didnt even have the firepower of that one suit ( you know the same iron man who illed countless chiaturi who were way stronger than extremis soldiers) 

3. Hogan saw the terrorists by chance what if he didnt thats way too coincedental

4 THE VILLAIN DECIDED TO BECOME EVIL BECAUSE TONY STOOD HIM UP -_-

5.Why didnt tony use all the suits to defend his house when the terrorists showed up

6. Tony had just challeneged an extremely capable terrorist and what does he do , leave his door open that even a normal scientist can casually stroll and doesnt even prepare his defences when they attack minutes later

7. the twist , some liked it , i found it incredibly dumb , why relegate tony's greatest villain for a punchline

Where the fuck was SHIELD and the other Avengers? Nothing like an international terrorist blowing things-up in the U.S and threatening the President to catch the attention right? It was mostly an American problem so where were Nick Fury or that American Avenger who has the word ''America'' in his name? The problem with creating a franchise like the Avengers is that you will pretty much never have a good excuse to exclude all the others characters when a big villain shows-up to destroy shit.

for me iron man 3 is a bad movie because it wasnt thought out well in the least imo to the point of offensive

jonager said:
Fury road is the only mad max movie i've watched and i most say it is a very well made movie. I liked it a lot, we really need more movies like this one.

all i am saying after a bunch of fun but mediocre films like jurrassic world, avenegrs 2 and fast 7  Fury Road was a breath of fresh air

Around the Network
Emperorbach said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

RDJ is a great actor , nut he doesn't have that many great movies and noteworthy perfomances

2 Tony's one suit in the avengers was crazy powerful and yet now in iron man 3 all his suits didnt even have the firepower of that one suit ( you know the same iron man who illed countless chiaturi who were way stronger than extremis soldiers) 

3. Hogan saw the terrorists by chance what if he didnt thats way too coincedental

5.Why didnt tony use all the suits to defend his house when the terrorists showed up

6. Tony had just challeneged an extremely capable terrorist and what does he do , leave his door open that even a normal scientist can casually stroll and doesnt even prepare his defences when they attack minutes later

7. the twist , some liked it , i found it incredibly dumb , why relegate tony's greatest villain for a punchline

Where the fuck was SHIELD and the other Avengers? Nothing like an international terrorist blowing things-up in the U.S and threatening the President to catch the attention right? It was mostly an American problem so where were Nick Fury or that American Avenger who has the word ''America'' in his name? The problem with creating a franchise like the Avengers is that you will pretty much never have a good excuse to exclude all the others characters when a big villain shows-up to destroy shit.

for me iron man 3 is a bad movie because it wasnt thought out well in the least imo to the point of offensive

most of those are mistakes by Tony because he was suffering from sleep deprivation and was clearly off his game.  He was barely holding on to his sanity and Pepper was the last thread for him.  Did you miss the whole first act of everyone saying how worried they are for him and how he doesn't look good?  Sure he was building lots of suits but no quality control as he just kept throwing them together (thus they were easily destroyed even though Operation House Party was BA).  The other Avengers were busy and/or he wanted to do this alone.  He was presumed dead what they were supposed to do assume he had flown to Tennessee?

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Emperorbach said:

most of those are mistakes by Tony because he was suffering from sleep deprivation and was clearly off his game.  He was barely holding on to his sanity and Pepper was the last thread for him.  Did you miss the whole first act of everyone saying how worried they are for him and how he doesn't look good?  Sure he was building lots of suits but no quality control as he just kept throwing them together (thus they were easily destroyed even though Operation House Party was BA).  The other Avengers were busy and/or he wanted to do this alone.  He was presumed dead what they were supposed to do assume he had flown to Tennessee?

why didnt he use house party in the 1st time when they attacked or at least prepare

tony was loose cannon but nt uttterly daft

loooool and what about shield , the agency tasked to fight such threats , eaving tony to his own devices was dumb

man theyre alot of flaws in the films but you clealrly love them and more power to you as you dont seem to care for those problems

Emperorbach said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

why didnt he use house party in the 1st time when they attacked or at least prepare

tony was loose cannon but nt uttterly daft

loooool and what about shield , the agency tasked to fight such threats , eaving tony to his own devices was dumb

man theyre alot of flaws in the films but you clealrly love them and more power to you as you dont seem to care for those problems

I just see the storytelling behind these events.  I care for them and in fact they only serve to enhance the film as they show how lost Tony truly was that he couldn't think of that stuff after threatening a terrorist.

I am Iron Man