By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Mario Maker Thread - Mario Maker for 3DS has been released?! Ok...

Are you excited for the new update

Yes 16 88.89%

No 2 11.11%

Total:18
t3mporary_126 said:

Checkpoints are flag in all skin. Even in Mario World.

Btw do checkpoints float? 

Yeah I've noticed you can rotate checkpoint flags like the arrows. Tested tilted ones and upside down ones and they'll stay right where they are. Though the 'hitbox' was still on solid ground so maybe it's different if you would place them in clear sky I'm not sure, will let you know. Don't know what use tilted checkpoint flags could have, besides looking silly, but maybe slopes are incoming after all...

EDIT: Yes, the checkpoints float.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Checkpoints are flag in all skin. Even in Mario World.

Btw do checkpoints float? 

Yeah I've noticed you can rotate checkpoint flags like the arrows. Tested tilted ones and upside down ones and they'll stay right where they are. Though the 'hitbox' was still on solid ground so maybe it's different if you would place them in clear sky I'm not sure, will let you know. Don't know what use tilted checkpoint flags could have, besides looking silly, but maybe slopes are incoming after all...

Niiiiice. Can you also give it wings so it can fly across the stage?

t3mporary_126 said:
S.Peelman said:

Niiiiice. Can you also give it wings so it can fly across the stage?

No, the wings don't work on them.

I hit 150 Stars right before my 10th upload. 150 Stars with 9 levels, pretty nice!

And here's the 10th level. The last one gave me another idea. If you didn't realize, 'Running of the Shell' referenced the mini-game 'Running of the Bulb' from the first N64 Mario Party. This one references an even older game, and the main event in the middle of this level should have a very familiar lay-out for those familiar with Game & Watch.

ID: 148E 0000 00D8 3DA5

I'm kind of running out of original ideas here, here's hoping I'll get some new inspiration soon!

I hope we get lot's of new dlc for this game, hopefully the direct we'll be getting this year announces just that. Think about it, you don't need to buy the dlc, but you'd still be able to play levels with dlc in it. Just not make it.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Try these levels:

Find the Correct Door:
AB81-0000-00D8-7F94

SMB. 1 Level 1-1 Remix:
B14E-0000-00D8-8503

Ground Level 1:
7E4F-0000-00D8-8238

Ground Level 2:
DFEA-0000-00D8-860B

Ground Level 3:
ACA3-0000-00D8-869E

Castle Level 1:
D81D-0000-00D8-8730

Ghost House Level 1:
08AE-0000-00D8-8804

Airship Level 1:
FB46-0000-00D8-889B

Good Luck!!

Finally got around the finish another level.

It's called The Amazing Race. You need to chase a turtle shell which pops additional enemies as it goes along so you're encouraged to stay ahead of it.

Here's the code: 18FF-0000-00E0-CB8D

Signature goes here!

I hadn't checked my stats in a while so when I went back to my most popular course (played by 112 people), it was really nice seeing the huge amount of deaths in some sections.

Signature goes here!

Xenoblade Chronicles level. Nothing special from gameplay wise, just some tribute to the game.

Try my 2 newest puzzle levels:

Find the Correct Pipe:
DA52-0000-011F-9026

Find the Correct Door and Pipe:
2FF5-0000-011F-9784