By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump’s Lead Grows After Debate, Controversy

Samus Aran said:

Spend less money on military and more money on education then.

You want us to spend less when we are already spread thin?

Around the Network

Lol, just goes to show that people don't do any real research on the candidates they support, Trump definitely isn't a Conservative so how they can support him is bewildering to say the least.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
What more proof do you need that only people with a Master degree at university should be allowed to vote?

Yeah, because that is a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test

University only costs €600 a year in my country. Cheap as hell! People in difficult financial situations can apply for a scholarship.

I wish it was that cheap in America.

NobleTeam360 said:
Lol, just goes to show that people don't do any real research on the candidates they support, Trump definitely isn't a Conservative so how they can support him is bewildering to say the least.

Something different?

Not everyone is an extremist. He might be able to tap into the "non-loyalist" republican's votes.

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
Well... Trump is being a very effective tool for the democrats so far...

Hey gergroy, you know politics. What does "has blood coming out of her eyes" mean?

It pretty much means trump doesn't know how to properly articulate his thoughts.  He was trying to say she was furious... But went with a very odd metaphor...

Around the Network
Protendo said:
Samus Aran said:

You want us to spend less when we are already spread thin?

I wouldn't bother spending money on military if you're going to ignore the biggest threat to the US/Middle East since god knows when.

You invaded Iraq in 2003 after the fake premise that the country had nuclear weapons and now the US is standing idly by while IS is terrorizing the entire Middle East. Great logic! You're not going to stop IS with air strikes alone.

A bad peace is worse than war. If you're going to spend ludicrous amounts of money into your military then please have the guts to use it.

Protendo said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Something different?

Not everyone is an extremist. He might be able to tap into the "non-loyalist" republican's votes.

People should still research the candidates they plan on supporting, I was going to support Trump at one point but seeing what he has been for and funded has changed my mind. He's a fake conservative. I'd rather see a Democrat win the White House that this guy.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
What more proof do you need that only people with a Master degree at university should be allowed to vote?

Yeah, because that is a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test

University only costs €600 a year in my country. Cheap as hell! People in difficult financial situations can apply for a scholarship.

We are talking about the United States of America and its populous, not Belgium.

Also a Master's Degree has a high opportunity cost to acheive. For each year you are trying to achieve your Master's you could've been working and making $40,000 /yr + or increasing your job opportunities with experience.

Anyway there's no correlation between amount of students enrolled for college and the cost of education. That's just a myth. There is however a correlation between the amount of students enrolled and the amount of money the goverment invests into education. Look at Britain, high education costs but still a large percentage enroll into college because the government invests a lot of money into education.

I wouldn't call working at gamestop, Walmart or Macdonalds a high opportunity cost either. I have family and friends living in the US. 3 of them have no degree and all work at Game x change (and Walmart before that). They constantly complain about not being able to get a better job, but they never bothered to get a good education either...

So there are no jobs in between Walmart and having a Master's Degree? I know a plethora of people who make significant amounts with just an associate's or a bachelor's, and would not get a masters because they don't have the time nor can they afford to lose money for what would be a marginal to no pay difference.

SNL is gonna be great this year

sc94597 said:

So there are no jobs in between Walmart and having a Master's Degree? I know a plethora of people who make significant amounts with just an associate's or a bachelor's, and would not get a masters because they don't have the time nor can they afford to lose money for what would be a marginal to no pay difference.

Eh, we can include Bachelor's (although they're quite useless in my country) if you want. Not sure what you mean with associate's, not familiar with that term.