By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - How would Marvel even incorporate X-Men and Spiderman into their movie universe now?

SpiderMan would make sense but X-Men wouldn't.

Around the Network

The Infinity Gauntlet causes the Cinematic Universe to join with Fox's Marvel Universe.

Say that mutants have been hidden for years and suddenly start appearing due to some high profile incidents. Introduce Spidey as a new hero.

Spidey is easy, just reboot him. Heck, X-men are pretty easy as well, they got a clean slate now lol.

Also Spidey is already going to be introduced into the Universe as an already existing Super Hero the are not going to do an origin story on him it also isn't necessary considering that he is only a street level Hero.

Around the Network

I wouldn't want them to incorporate mutants. They work best on their own and it's always awkward trying to distinguish between mutants and superheroes and why people would hate one and not the other. For me I just want Hugh Jackman's Wolverine to be in an Avengers film. They wouldn't need to bring in the whole mutant story for that just say he's a guy with these powers and the government found him in the 70s and did some experiments to give him his skeleton. Then the Avengers find him and BAM! We finally have Hugh Jackman and myself mouthing off at each other!

I am Iron Man

Simple carry on with the current arc then reboot the whole arc when it's done bringing in the X-men, F4 etc... and market it as a bigger better more complete reboot, easy sell.

X-people (come on let's introduce PCness into this) could have been operating like witches and wizards in the Harry Poter universe. Totally underground until the opening X-men movie under the MCU, which is when they become a more widely known sub-species of humanity. Piece of piss really.

Spiderman will have no origin movie, so the MCU simply does not address when Spidey got is powers. COuld have been before or after the first Avengers movie. Doesn't really matter. He's been operating off the radar, but he comes to the attention of the Avengers during Civil War.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

A secret wars movie could be perfect for introducing all those characters together.

Mutants being in hiding is the best excuse. It was only Fantastic Four and Avengers in the main Marvel Universe that meant the X-men did show themselves publicly but they had to because of mutant terrorists (Magneto). Mutants are meant to be the persecuted race of the Marvel Universe, having them in hiding and people not fearing and hating them removes a large part of their character.

The problem is the hiding aspect of the MU is the Inhumans thing, their royal family are not relatable, their selective breeding and questionable past isn't one that should be pushed to the front. But Marvel are pushing them to so obviously be a replacement in the MCU for mutants, some of the lines of dialogue in SHIELD were ripped off from mutant problems it was unreal.

Spiderman is easy, just says he's around and start including him.

Hmm, pie.