By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best laser beam in video games.

A Lightsaber aka 'laser'-sword...

Around the Network

Vector Cannon from ZOE2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVRw_31S0E

The Spur from Cave Story.

Not as over-the-top as other people's suggestions, but it's still a deadly piece of awesomeness.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
SvennoJ said:

The Tau cannon in Half-life, since you can also use the recoil to jump 3 stories high :)

Recoil from a laser?

Photons do no thave mass and therefore do not have classical momentum and therefore have no involvment with Newtons's 3rd law of motion which deals with recoil.

That actually makes it one of the worst laster beams in video games.

It only works when you hit a nearby wall or the floor, so call it the blast effect from the suddenly superheated air where it hits that pushes you away. Seems very realistic :) It also goes through walls without leaving a hole, back to game physics.

Gunstar Heroes - Lightning Chaser

Laser weapons always sucked to me. Always go for spreader or homing shots. This is the only game that made a laser good to me. Best weapon in the game too.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Insidb said:
Vector Cannon from ZOE2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVRw_31S0E

i came to post this. 

I just love the sound of Short-Hop Double Laser in Project M. Keeps me wanting to spam more. :D

Same goes for Brawl except I can't cancel the gun so :/

I can never stop fapping to Crisis Core

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850