By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

Mirson said:

I would love a remaster of Folklore; the box-art is different from the other PS3 games I own since it was before the redesign. My OCD is killing me, and It would also give me a reason to replay it. Valkyria Chronicles too.

Isn't Folklore the game you could play with the MOVE?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Cool for the people that are wanting them.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

What else could they remaster? Untold Legends? Not trying to troll or anything, honestly cannot think of anything else. Fuck God please no Beyond Two Souls.

GribbleGrunger said:
Mirson said:

I would love a remaster of Folklore; the box-art is different from the other PS3 games I own since it was before the redesign. My OCD is killing me, and It would also give me a reason to replay it. Valkyria Chronicles too.

Isn't Folklore the game you could play with the MOVE?

I don't think so, but it uses the six-axis feature a lot and very well. It's an early PS3 game, somewhat of an action-RPG where you control a journalist and a young woman, and have go through both of their stories to finish the game.

Mirson said:

I don't think so, but it uses the six-axis feature a lot and very well. It's an early PS3 game, somewhat of an action-RPG where you control a journalist and a young woman, and have go through both of their stories to finish the game.

Ah, yes, it was the sixaxis. I just recalled someone whipping their arm up to rip 'a soul'(?) out of an enemy.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Mirson said:

Ah, yes, it was the sixaxis. I just recalled someone whipping their arm up to rip 'a soul'(?) out of an enemy.

Yeah that's the one. Pretty good game  and very stylish but repetitive.

thismeintiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

So 360 games now count as XB1 games? I can't keep up with these goalposts.

Didn't you know, a feature that maybe 10% of owners will use is the XBO's secret weapon.  Why do you think XBO won the month of June WW.  Oh, wait...it didn't.  Well, it at least won the month of Junr in the US...oh, wait...nevermind.  Guess people didn't care about that feature as much as Xbox fans claimed.

Depending on what games get added to the BC, significantly more than 10% will take advantage of it.

Also, I love how Sony fans exagerate the hype of BC. Nobody ever said it was going to cause a massive sales boost. And if it had the potential to do that it wouldn't happen until the holiday.

LMFAO!  Exaggerate the hype?  Uh, people were saying it was what made MS win E3 and many threads were made about it, talking like it was the second coming.  I see this is just going to be another "x game didn't have that much hype" that get's passed around when an incredibly hyped Xbox game doesn't do quite as well as some thought it would.

To be fair, BC was a highlight of E3. It wasn't expected, it seemed impossible to be done well via a software emulator, and quite frankly it adds value to the X1. Especially when you consider the average joe didn't play every notable 360 game.

For some Shenmue 3 is a reason Sony won E3, but that game is years away and has less appeal than BC. Hence, just because people get excited doesn't mean you should translate that as "game changer."

Anyhow, 360 BC is a feature that should help X1 sales OVER TIME. If people see some of their favorite games are compatible with the X1 that does encourage them to get the X1 over the competitor. If somebody expects BC to cause a massive influx of sales in short period of time, well that's just ignorance.

Bottom line, Xbox fans are happy they get to play some of their favorite 360 games on the X1. While Sony fans only seem to be concerened with how many X1 units it sells. On a side note, I think PS Now has been a $380 million boondoggle thus far. But god bless the consumers that enjoy the service. Its not my concern how many PS4s and Vitas the service sells.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

thismeintiel said:

Never said it wasn't a great feature.  It's just not that big a deal.  Xbox fans will care, even if only a few use it.  But, your average Joe?  Doesn't really care.

I predict GwG is going to offer 360 games that are compatible with the BC. That will encourage millions average joes to play 360 games on their X1.

Millions of people are going to get free 360 with their purchase of new X1 games as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:

Never said it wasn't a great feature.  It's just not that big a deal.  Xbox fans will care, even if only a few use it.  But, your average Joe?  Doesn't really care.

I predict GwG is going to offer 360 games that are compatible with the BC. That will encourage millions average joes to play 360 games on their X1.

Millions of people are going to get free 360 with their purchase of new X1 games as well.

Didn't they already confirm that at their Gamescom press conference?

Didn't anyone ask for a DQ8 remaster yet? Philistines!

The PS5 Exists.