By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

d21lewis said:
thismeintiel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

So 360 games now count as XB1 games? I can't keep up with these goalposts.

Didn't you know, a feature that maybe 10% of owners will use is the XBO's secret weapon.  Why do you think XBO won the month of June WW.  Oh, wait...it didn't.  Well, it at least won the month of Junr in the US...oh, wait...nevermind.  Guess people didn't care about that feature as much as Xbox fans claimed.

It hasn't been officially released yet.  It's still in preview mode for certain Xbox One owners.  And let's be real.  Nothing the Xbox One does will ever give it a sales advantage over the PS4.  Last gen was a fluke.  Sony is the "go to" for the majority of gamers.

Doesn't mean BC isn't a desired or awesome feature.

Never said it wasn't a great feature.  It's just not that big a deal.  Xbox fans will care, even if only a few use it.  But, your average Joe?  Doesn't really care.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
pokoko said:

Now, guys, come on, let's try to be sensitive about this.  In the end there will be more remastered games on the PS4 than some other systems have new third-party multi-platform games total.  I could see why that would cause a little salt.  

Oh yes, + 30 remasters looks very possible at this rate, you all should feel proud.

Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

So 360 games now count as XB1 games? I can't keep up with these goalposts.

Didn't you know, a feature that maybe 10% of owners will use is the XBO's secret weapon.  Why do you think XBO won the month of June WW.  Oh, wait...it didn't.  Well, it at least won the month of Junr in the US...oh, wait...nevermind.  Guess people didn't care about that feature as much as Xbox fans claimed.

Depending on what games get added to the BC, significantly more than 10% will take advantage of it.

Also, I love how Sony fans exagerate the hype of BC. Nobody ever said it was going to cause a massive sales boost. And if it had the potential to do that it wouldn't happen until the holiday.

LMFAO!  Exaggerate the hype?  Uh, people were saying it was what made MS win E3 and many threads were made about it, talking like it was the second coming.  I see this is just going to be another "x game didn't have that much hype" that get's passed around when an incredibly hyped Xbox game doesn't do quite as well as some thought it would.

Goodnightmoon said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Oh yes, + 30 remasters looks very possible at this rate, you all should feel proud.

Why do you complain about this? We all know you don't even game on PS4. So why do you feel affected by any of it?

Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Why do you complain about this? You don't even game on PS4. So how does that affect you?

Oh sorry Hynad, I know you are allergic to any kind of criticism against Sony, sorry to offend you, I´m already outta here, and I hope you say the same to every person that gives an opinion from a console they don´t have, you have a BIIG job in front of you, good luck ;)

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Why do you complain about this? We all know you don't even game on PS4. So why do you feel affected by any of it?

Because when someone has something you haven't it's far easier to take a stance against it rather than accept you don't have it. Accepting it and feeling bad about it suddenly makes you realise how brittle your self assurance is.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Hynad said:

Because when someone has something you haven't it's far easier to take a stance against it rather than accept you don't have it.

I could have bought one just few months ago, I deacided to improve my PC instead because the console has neary no interest for me, so don´t assume things you don´t know ;)

Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

Why do you complain about this? You don't even game on PS4. So how does that affect you?

Oh sorry Hynad, I know you are allergic to any kind of criticism against Sony, sorry for offend you, I´m already outta here, and I hope ypou say the same to every person that gives an opinion from a console they don´t have, you have a BIIG job in front of you, good luck ;)

I'm allergic to a few of you, always the same ones, who constantly act the way you do here. Haven't you been banned often enough for the same kind of attitude? Will you ever learn? What you do isn't criticizing. It's bashing and downplaying without an ounce of constructivity.

If I were like you, bashing and downplaying stuff for no reasonable reason other than "it's not the toy I chose so I got to shit on it", feeling like this kind of attitude is the best I can provide to a given community, then I'd go to IGN and youtube where I'd be among such like-minded crowd.  Just a suggestion.

mZuzek said:
thismeintiel said:

You're right, Nintendo needs to stop making so many of them. 

I know you weren't being fully serious, but I do hope you're aware they've only made one this gen on the Wii U... 5 counting all systems if I'm not mistaken. And they were all from games at least 2 generations old.

So, you're admiting to moving goalposts to make it ok for your company of choice, but wrong for Sony.  Ok, got it.

I'm fine with remasters as long as they offer really good value. The Last of Us, for instance, is a good example as it not only contains the remastered original game, but also Left Behind.

There are remasters that contain content that was never available to the west. The Kingdom Hearts Remixes and Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD are great examples of this. The PS2 was region-locked, so I couldn't play the Final Mix version of KH or fight the Dark Aeons in FFX. However, these remasters finally give me the chance to try out the extra content.

Remasters like GOW III: Re do not have great value. While GOW III has high merits, plopping down $40 for just a single remastered game is too much. And then, there are remasters of bad games like Prototype that make me go WTF.

TL;DR - Remasters with good value are good. Remasters with bad value are bad.