By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Netflix treats their employees as they should be treated

"Netflix is giving new parents on its payroll up to a year of paid leave in a move that could pressure other technology employers to improve their baby benefits as they vie for talent.

The employee benefit announced Tuesday on Netflix's blog is generous even by the high standards of Silicon Valley, where free meals and other perquisites supplement lavish salaries in the fiercely competitive battle for computer programmers and other technology workers."

"Google, which consistently ranks among the best places to work, offers 18 weeks of paid maternity leave. Parents can also take seven to 12 weeks of paid "baby bonding" time during their child's first year."

For the rest of the article, click here. Here's the url http://finance.yahoo.com/news/netflix-workers-babies-paid-leave-234154689.html

Looks like Netflix is setting a new bar for other companies to follow.  After seeing the thread Bad things happening at Konami in this forum, this article was very refreshing to see so I decided to make thread because of it. I wish more companies would just treat their employees better.

What do you think? Would you rather work a company like Netflix and take a year of paid leave off of work to play games (opps, I meant take care of the baby) or scrub toilets for being bad at a company like Konami?