By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My Impressions After Playing Devil May Cry 4...

I bought devil may cry 4 and I am on mission 9 right now,,,,here are my pros and cons:

Keep in mind that I am new to the series since I owned Xbox last gen.

Pros:

The opening is awesome with great music and cinematics

the game play is fun

music is good while facing enemies

cons:

the game lacks a good story line

it doesn't evovle you in the game /story

even though camera is not fixed in one point it still  is not as good as some of the other games

movement of the character is not realistic.

Some cheap touches feels really last gen(like when you open the door,or the blue crystall thing that forms on the doors when you have to beat the enemies in the room)

Overall I give it  7.5/10

I liked god of war I & II,ninja gaiden and heavenly sword better than this game(all above 9 IMO).but it still is fun

Around the Network

I agree with your comments. 7.5/10 Above average score. worth a purchase.

It gets far better when you become Dante, I enjoyed it far more then. I would give it 8/10 (having finished it yesterday) though it should be noted that it is the first DMC game I have played. the camera is the main niggle, although those red things are a bit tacky.

Munkeh111 said:
It gets far better when you become Dante, I enjoyed it far more then. I would give it 8/10 (having finished it yesterday) though it should be noted that it is the first DMC game I have played. the camera is the main niggle, although those red things are a bit tacky.

I had a feeling that it might get better with dante,,by red things you mean the crystal web on the doors right?

SpartanFX said:
Munkeh111 said:

I had a feeling that it might get better with dante,,by red things you mean the crystal web on the doors right?

Yep

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
SpartanFX said:
Munkeh111 said:

Yep

yea,they  are really tacky and last gen looking,,,I don't know why they didn't change that.

SpartanFX said:
Munkeh111 said:
SpartanFX said:
Munkeh111 said:

Yep

yea,they  are really tacky and last gen looking,,,I don't know why they didn't change that.

They do serve a purpose in some places, but most games seem to survive without them

Agreed with OP's comments, except I'd like to add one more.

This is probably made bigger because of the crapical nonsensical story line, but I hate some of the cutscenes, too overly long and un-necessary (I think they could have made the opening better and having it 3/4 length that it was).

My only other gripe is that Nero is not different enough from dante, physically and personality wise (I could imagine Dante being as whiny and emotionally unstable when he was a teen).

I never took a fancy to this series, and according to reviews and fans alike, there's not much change.
I don't think this genre appeals to me at all, I never liked Tenchu, Ninja Gaiden or Heavenly Sword either to be honest, but God of War was decent entertainment and solidly built from the core and out.