By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In its only two shows of the year, MS didn't make any significant new game announcements?

bananaking21 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Sea and Wars aren't significant though.

Gears 4 was unveiled, not announced, at this E3. It had already been announced.

talk about some nit picking. if you cant consider gears a new announcement then might as well not consider Horizon a new announcement since we knew GG were making a PS4 exclusive, so it was its unvieling. maybe when GT7 is announced we dont count it as well, because the devs already mentioned it before. 

I totally agree. Nitpicking at its finest.

With this logic, when God of War 4 is announced next year it won't count as a new announcement because they said on twitter that a new god of war game is coming, and when The Last of Us 2 officially gets announcened it also won't count because the voice actor already said it was coming.

And how is Wars 2 and SoT insignificant? Everywhere I look on neogaf, n4g and ign people were going crazy about HW2. And SoT looks like No Man's Sy with pirates, except that instead of exploring planets your exploring new islands and instead of a spaceship you have a ship. We haven't seen that much but the potential is huge. Just because they aren't significant to you (not even the target audience) doesn't mean they're not significant. Otherwise it would be pretty convenient isn't it? ''But-but they barely had any announcements! Oh... this doesn't count... and oh this and that are not significant according to my arbitrary criteria''

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They should reveal all their projects for 2017 and 2018 to make the list looks bigger than it is and hide the fact that they don´t have nothing big for the next months.... oh wait they have a ton of big stuff for the next months and they have announced new games recently....

You must be talking about some other company, because this thread makes really no sense.

^^^LOL

The OP makes no sense and some already explain why in this thread(even a few surprise people even point this out).

Proud to be a Californian.

Hynad said:

Why do you hold Sony responsible for anouncing all those third party games?

And sure enough, they should have announced Shenmue's kickstarter only a year prior to the game's release. Am I right? 

You really sound like a reasonable guy. -___-

Since Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts pretty much anchored their E3 2014 conference, while Shenmue & Final Fantasy VII remake anchored their E3 2015 conference (with a little help from Horizon and Uncharted), I think it's pretty obvious why I'm calling them out on this.

I think Shenmue's Kickstarter just proves the point even more, as you've just shown.  They're announcing that they're going to help fund a game if the public can show enough interest for it.  If that isn't ridiculously early hyping then I don't know what is.

I was thinking a few days ago. Shocking? It scared me, too.

Anyway, I look at my gaming library. Hundreds of games across several platforms. You know why I'm scared? Many of my favorite games are from Konami, Capcom, Square, etc. A lot of these companies just aren't what they used to be out are abandoning the market in favor of mobile gaming.

Some companies are taking up the slack (Naughty Dog, Bioware, Rockstaedy, etc.) but it's not enough for me.

Kresnik said:
Hynad said:

Why do you hold Sony responsible for anouncing all those third party games?

And sure enough, they should have announced Shenmue's kickstarter only a year prior to the game's release. Am I right? 

You really sound like a reasonable guy. -___-

Since Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts pretty much anchored their E3 2014 conference, while Shenmue & Final Fantasy VII remake anchored their E3 2015 conference (with a little help from Horizon and Uncharted), I think it's pretty obvious why I'm calling them out on this.

I think Shenmue's Kickstarter just proves the point even more, as you've just shown.  They're announcing that they're going to help fund a game if the public can show enough interest for it.  If that isn't ridiculously early hyping then I don't know what is.

This^^^ Sony's press conferences are basically a 3rd party showcase ! Most the games if not almost all are going to be on Xbox yet Sony fans act like there all exclusives. X box had alot of announcements this year and Sony fans are blind if they can't see that.Minecraft for there new headset look fun. By this logic Nintendo barely announces any thing ever because we know there making a new Mario or zelda . And Sony fans horizon may have good graphics but with that robots are the new planet of the apes plot looks really lame ,even if its a new game the plot already sucks nothing to be excited about you better hope and pray that the gameplay is good!

Around the Network

This is a silly thread, MS has plenty of games coming out in the near future. The only problem I would have with them is if all these games follow the same trend of being released at the end of the year as opposed to being spaced out through the year. IMO its a holiday money grab and very anti-consumer. Off topic, what's with all the Sony comments?

Another case of people seeing what they want to see.

Kresnik said:

And?  MS & Nintendo have announced and released games within the same year too.  Which doesn't change the fact that they've also announced a tonne of stuff that was years away from launch, just like Sony.

And we'll see about those 2016 games, I though Ueda was iffy on The Last Guardian making the cut anyway.

Ok. I didin't want to make a list but I guess you really want a list.

Sony

Bloodborne announced E3 2014 / released March 2015 (9 months)
Driveclub announced early 2013 / released late 2014 (1 year and 7 months)
Infamous Second Son announced early 2013 / released March 2014 (1 year)
Killzone Shadow Fall announced early 2013 / released November 2013 (9 months)
Knack announced early 2013 / released November 2013 (9 months)
LittleBigPlanet 3 announced E3 2014 / released November 2014 (5 months)
The Order: 1886 announced E3 2013 / released February 2015 (1 year and 8 months)
Resogun announced early 2013 / released November 2013 (9 months)

Dreams announced E3 2015 (2+ months)
Horizon Zero Dawn announced E3 2015 (2+ months)
The Last Guardian announced E3 2015 for PS3 (2+ months) * you can argue the game was announced 5+ years ago for PS3... it is a exception
Ratchet & Clank announced E3 2014 (1 year and 2+ months)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End announced late 2013 (1 year and 7+ months)
Until Dawn announced Gamescom 2014 (11+ months) * releases next month

I can add more games.

But the exception of Uncharted 4 no other game announced by Sony crossed 2 years to be releases... even the delayed DriveClub and The Order... the games announced this year at E3 will mostly released in 2016 giving a max of 1 year and 6 months.

Actually, XBox seems to have a very solid 2016 lineup. Most ofcthe games announced last few months are 2016 gamas (if not all). Maybe I am incorrect, but I think we still haven't seen a single 2017 game from MS.
And it certainly seems that next year they will have their games spread out throughout the year, instead of jamming them all into a 60 day window. 2016 looks to be a good year for XOne owners, with many cool multiplats filling out the rest of the schedule.

ethomaz said:

Ratchet & Clank announced E3 2015 (2+ months)

You'll want to check that one again.  You're 12 months out.

And you're not really addressing what I'm saying.  If you're going to quote me, at least look at what I've posted.