By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Senior woman racist rant against hispanic woman caught on video

marley said:
generic-user-1 said:

no she isnt, the video doesnt starts when the interaction starts...

there is a difference between citizen that speak a foreign language and foreign people that speak their own native language.

and yes, people that refuse to speak the official language of their home country are different, and beeing hostile to them is right, they refuse to be a real part of society because they refuse to speak the common language.

Do you know what their citizenship status is?  Did this lady know their citizenship status before she accosted them?  

The US doesn't have an official language. 

There are situations where asking someone to speak English would be appropriate.  However, demanding that someone 'speak English or go back to Spain' is absolutely racism.  It's rooted in xenophobia, not the desire for communication.  People have every right to be different than the majority without harassment.  I'm sorry if you can't see that.

i dont, but i dont have to, its clear that she isnt  tourist from the reactions.

english is the de facto official language, its the official language in most of the states and the language thats used by the state.

yeah the go back to spain part is ehh, but she is still right in the core. beeing different is fine, but beeing against the society because you refuse to communicate in the common language isnt beeing different.

Around the Network

This type of stuff happens in my neighborhood nearly every day so it was honestly a complete waste for me to watch. Both parties were ignorant.

That being said, if the old lady moved to Mexico and exclusively spoke English, then I wouldn't expect her to be treated too kindly.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger