By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

Obviously Animal Crossing, pikimin , disaster day of  Crisis and kirby are almost comfirm, please everybody don’ t get your hopes up for kid Icarus or a new IP remenber what happen with nintendo power it ended up being tales so I don’ t think is something we don’ t know about.

Around the Network

i want me some Donkey Kong wii now!

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

sequel

ctk495 said:
Obviously Animal Crossing, pikimin , disaster day of crysis and kirby are almost comfirm, please everybody don’ t get your hopes up for kid Icarus or a new IP remenber what happen with nintendo power it ended up being tales so I don’ t think is something we don’ t know about.

Now that would be one hell of a cross-over. =P

kingdom hearts 3 for the wii that would be cool...

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

The casual titles are pretty obvious. The question is - what do 'Nintendo' consider a hardcore title?

Kid Icarus, Golden Sun RPG, some 3rd-party title (FF:CC?), Pikmin? Pokemon MMORPG?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

thetonestarr said:

Okay, there are a mess of possible AAA announcements.

It could be:

-Star Fox
-Animal Crossing
-Pilotwings
-Pokémon RPG
-Pikmin 3
-Donkey Kong Country IV

Given the way Star Fox has been going, I doubt it's that. Pilotwings is epic and wonderful, but not AAA enough, IMO. Donkey Kong Country IV would be more suitable as a WiiWare title.

With all that said, we're left with Animal Crossing, Pokémon RPG, and Pikmin 3 as possibilities. I never was a big fan of the Pikmin series (and the numbers show that most gamers weren't either), but I could be wrong about that one, so I left it in the mix. Still don't think it's quite epic enough, though.

PKMN RPG just doesn't sound quite that likely for a Q4 release - sounds more like a Q2 or Q3-type game. May be announced, but not released until next year.

That narrows it down to Animal Crossing Wii. Personally, I think it'll resemble Home in what you can do with it - hang out with friends, play minigames with them, etc. But it'll also have all the epic qualities of classing Animal Crossing. I think that they will release HDD abilities alongside Animal Crossing (as well as including that update on the game disc, and maybe even including an install option with the game for when you do have a HDD attached... I've got a LOT of reasoning behind this, but it's too long to include in this thread).

Given that Wild World has sold over 9 million copies to date, it's a very high possibility. Animal Crossing is a huge franchise for them now, with a freaking huge mess of possibilities. I'm putting my money on Animal Crossing.

And if Zelda is announced, it'll be for Holiday Season '09... or later. There's no way they'll be releasing Wii Zelda this early in its lifespan, with Twilight Princess having been so recent.

I agree Zelda would be holiday '09, but disagree with your reasoning--TP came out in November '06, and this theoretical announcement would be in July '08.

I have a question that I haven't seen anyone ask yet: if they do release a hard drive (which I believe they will) will it have a patch for Smash Bros that allows you to save videos longer than 3 minutes?  Cuz I just had an epic, 20-minute 4-person match that I would've given ANYTHING to save.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I think Pilotwings would be great. It could have the kind of mass appeal Nintendo would want for a Christmas game. Also could have Wii wheel and Wii board support. Animal Crossing and a Pokemon game would sound likely as well. I would love it to be F-Zero with online.

I would also love a Starfox game with no ground missions.

damkira said:
Sherlock99 said:
i just had a thought maby its info on sadness or either disaster day of crisis.

Has there been any information on Sadness lately? It looked like it would be an awesome game at first.. but now it just seems like vaporware. I haven't heard anything about ROTR either.

Vapoware, but the concept art looks SOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' good. Hell, I'd publish it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.