By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lair vs Killzone 2 vs Banjo Kazooie 3

starcraft said:
GT gets official trailers from many games. What I said earlier (and meant to post in the other thread in response, sorry) is that the 'relative' silence began at E3, when Lair (which was expected to get a strong showing) scarcely made an appearance. I don't think it was even there in a playable form, just a few months from launch.

'The silence' you speak of lasted for just over a month. (E3 07' held between July 11th-13th, with Lair seing a release on August 30th).

Your 'silence' seems to consist of no more then the absence of a playable demo of the game at E3. (There was still developer info and gameplay videos released to the public after E3.)

How then can you draw 'obvious parrallels' between KZ2 and Lair?

Killzone 2's 'silence' has lasted almost a year, while Lair's lasted a mere month.

Sony didn't show much in the way of games at GDC 08', they focused more on technology and developer tools, (phyreengine etc.)

You could logically conclude that Sony is keeping Killzone 2 until E3 08'.

If however, Killzone 2 is noticably absent from E3'08 and a playable demo of the title is not available, then, I would have to agree, there would be clear similarities between KZ2 and Lair.

As things stand at the moment though, I don't really think there are "obvious parrallels" between the two titles.This is mostly wild speculation.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
starcraft said:
GT gets official trailers from many games. What I said earlier (and meant to post in the other thread in response, sorry) is that the 'relative' silence began at E3, when Lair (which was expected to get a strong showing) scarcely made an appearance. I don't think it was even there in a playable form, just a few months from launch.

'The silence' you speak of lasted for just over a month. (E3 07' held between July 11th-13th, with Lair seing a release on August 30th).

Your 'silence' seems to consist of no more then the absence of a playable demo of the game at E3. (There was still developer info and gameplay videos released to the public after E3.)

How then can you draw 'obvious parrallels' between KZ2 and Lair?

Killzone 2's 'silence' has lasted almost a year, while Lair's lasted a mere month.

Sony didn't show much in the way of games at GDC 08', they focused more on technology and developer tools, (phyreengine etc.)

You could logically conclude that Sony is keeping Killzone 2 until E3 08'.

If however, Killzone 2 is noticably absent from E3'08 and a playable demo of the title is not available, then, I would have to agree, there would be clear similarities between KZ2 and Lair.

As things stand at the moment though, I don't really think there are "obvious parrallels" between the two titles.This is mostly wild speculation.

I think your making it sound a little TOO wild.  That said, in the original thread you referred to I did, repeatedely, state that this is all speculation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

From my understanding, Lair was supposed to be a launch game and after several delays Sony essentially pushed out the game even though it was far from ready; an entirely understandable reaction given how expensive game development is, and the likelyhood that putting an additional 6 to 12 months of development into a game would not necessarily improve sales enough to justify the additional cost.

The question with Killzone 2 is "If there are further problems with Killzone 2 will Sony allow for further delays, or will they force the game to be released?" ... I would expect that any further delay could push the development costs to a level where Sony may never turn a profit on the title, and releasing Killzone 2 when it is sloppy and unpolished after all the hype it received will look really bad for Sony (as a publisher) and upcomming PS3 games ...

Even though I loved Banjo Kazooie, being that Rare is a shadow of the company that was so important in the N64 days, I'm only expecting an adequate to good platformer which will be entirely forgetable.

BK3 . Im really not interested in the other two. I was a huge fan of BK and BT though.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

HappySqurriel said:

From my understanding, Lair was supposed to be a launch game and after several delays Sony essentially pushed out the game even though it was far from ready; an entirely understandable reaction given how expensive game development is, and the likelyhood that putting an additional 6 to 12 months of development into a game would not necessarily improve sales enough to justify the additional cost.

The question with Killzone 2 is "If there are further problems with Killzone 2 will Sony allow for further delays, or will they force the game to be released?" ... I would expect that any further delay could push the development costs to a level where Sony may never turn a profit on the title, and releasing Killzone 2 when it is sloppy and unpolished after all the hype it received will look really bad for Sony (as a publisher) and upcomming PS3 games ...

Even though I loved Banjo Kazooie, being that Rare is a shadow of the company that was so important in the N64 days, I'm only expecting an adequate to good platformer which will be entirely forgetable.

I wasn't ware that the game was delayed in the first place?