By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lair vs Killzone 2 vs Banjo Kazooie 3

Many of you will have seen (or indeed posted in) the prequel to this thread. Given the silence Sony has exhibited lately over Killzone 2 and the obvious parallel to the lead-up to Lair's release once Sony realized it sucked, I thought I should look at other games that have experienced something similar.

Banjo Kazooie is my second-most anticipated game after Fable 2, and I have been hanging out for it since it's announcement. But the simple fact is we have seen no gameplay, screenshots (that weren't taken from the announcement trailer) or even any extensive or specific information. It is possible that given the more casual (marketing wise) nature of the title Microsoft may be adopting a different method of hype-gathering, however it is just as likely now that the title will experience a massive delay or be less than stellar.

Such an eventuality would be an immense disappointment to me as I am VERY excited for this game and most of the team from the original titles is still on board.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here is the prequel thread for those who are interested:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18500#end

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Hmm... I don't know.

I hope that both KZ2 and BK3 are good, but they may not be talking about it, since both companies have much more things on the horizon.

Never played a Banjo game but I hope the new one delivers, hope this thread turns out better than the last one...

Lol, the last one went down in FLAMES!!!!

The first banjo was amazing, the best platformer EVER (OH HE DID NOT JUST GO THERE!!!!). I never played the second as I couldn't find it in stores, but I hope MS makes it available online.

^^ lol, yeah that will teach you to assume anything even remotely negative about Killzone 2, even if were just in a dream or a paralel universe...

Around the Network

Lair was a flawed game with lots of potential.

Killzone 2 will probably be good, but not great, as Killzone 1 kind of sucked.

Banjo Kazooie will probably disappoint, because Rare hasn't made a good game since they went to Microsoft.

While it's true both games will probably disappoint, as did Lair, I don't see any other connection between them...

Chrizum said:
Lair was a flawed game with lots of potential.

Killzone 2 will probably be good, but not great, as Killzone 1 kind of sucked.

Banjo Kazooie will probably disappoint, because Rare hasn't made a good game since they went to Microsoft.

While it's true both games will probably disappoint, as did Lair, I don't see any other connection between them...

Kameo was awesome!!!!

I'm the difference between KZ2 and BK3 is that Guerilla are unproven devs that made a crap original while the BK3 developers are the direct opposite.

But I thought I'd make this thread because I can't deny that my logic on the KZ2/Lair comparison can also certainly be applied to BK3.  Unless of course MS just does things differently to Sony. 

I think it's premature to say any of the companies have been keeping us in the dark about any games--E3's coming up soon. Only after that event will a topic like this be feasible.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

When is E3?

It's coming up in July... I guess that is a bit far off, but four months isn't THAT long considering the smorgasbord of info we get.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."