By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest city in a game?

Biggest city in a game?

Liberty City (GTA IV) 11 9.40%

Rome (AC: Brotherhood) 8 6.84%

Hong Kong (Sleeping Dogs) 3 2.56%

Chicago (Watch Dogs) 3 2.56%

Los Santos (GTA V) 54 46.15%

Hong Kong (Sleeping Dogs) 1 0.85%

Other 37 31.62%

Total:117
tokilamockingbrd said:
Kakariko Village, The Legend of Zelda: OoT

Joke post? There are many, many cities in games that are much bigger than it. Hell even some of GTA IV's big districts (not even islands) are bigger than that.

Around the Network
AG80 said:

So what I get from this pic is that the Broker/Dukes island itself is nearly 4/5th as big as Los Santos besides obviously being a lot more dense. That's some interesting stuff. Thanks for these pics!

GTA IV felt like a real city to me, same as LA Noir. In other games it feels like a scale model of a city. Except some of the AC cities, they felt pretty real too. GTA IV was annoying with the maintaining friends thing, yet now I'm playing GTA V I'm actually getting more respect for GTA IV. 5 tries to capture the magic of San Andreas but falls short. It's still a lot of fun anyway. San Andreas remains king for me.

Is it a coincidence that the more realistic the city, the more dull the gameplay becomes :/

GTA SA?

Mute City (F-Zero) with its population of 200+ million people
http://fzero.wikia.com/wiki/Mute_City

ok, that was lame....you can´t explore Mute City. :P

AG80 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Kakariko Village, The Legend of Zelda: OoT

Joke post? There are many, many cities in games that are much bigger than it. Hell even some of GTA IV's big districts (not even islands) are bigger than that.

wait you never found the house in the Village that opens up into a massive underworld city occupied by Dwaves and Wizards? Its huge.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Liberty City in GTA IV is a lot smaller than GTA V map. It fits in the Los Santos area.

SvennoJ said:
AG80 said:

So what I get from this pic is that the Broker/Dukes island itself is nearly 4/5th as big as Los Santos besides obviously being a lot more dense. That's some interesting stuff. Thanks for these pics!

GTA IV felt like a real city to me, same as LA Noir. In other games it feels like a scale model of a city. Except some of the AC cities, they felt pretty real too. GTA IV was annoying with the maintaining friends thing, yet now I'm playing GTA V I'm actually getting more respect for GTA IV. 5 tries to capture the magic of San Andreas but falls short. It's still a lot of fun anyway. San Andreas remains king for me.

Is it a coincidence that the more realistic the city, the more dull the gameplay becomes :/

Maintaining friends is just an optional task, you can skip it completely (I didn't though) but its cool for those that like to see characters outside story missions, and a cool way to discover new interiors in the map.

AG80 said:
Marks said:
Los Santos is like 5x bigger than Liberty City lol.

That's San Andreas you're talking about, I'm just counting cities here, not entire states.

Fair enough. No idea then. Haven't played many open world games besides Rockstar's ones.