Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Persona 3

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
This isn't a Final fantasy game.

Yup, it is not.

So you even openly admit it.

For Shame!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Anfebious said:
You can counter Mudo and Hama spells if you have a homunculus.

I think the weakness system is fair. You can exploit it to destroy your enemies but they can use it against you too. I find it extremely engaging. It demands that you experience boss battles at least once to see their weakness and plan accordingly, that's pretty cool. In other jrpg's you can just waltz into a boss fight and win it in the first try (Final Pussy... I mean Fantasy).

Atlus > Square

I can't counter them, the homunculus will sacrifice themselves in my place, but if you have a weakness you still get down and lose a turns and get exposed, and homunculus are not an early game item.

I like the system as a whole, it's a two edge sword, but you just have few means to prevent from a cheap death in the early game, it get's way better though, as I said.

Mudo or Hama are skills that you find in the mid portion of the game. But you have a point, homunculus are found much later in the game. I was lucky in my playthroughs though and I only died once from a Mudo/Hama skill.

The Mudo and Hama skills are frustrating for first timers though so it's understandable. The more you play the Megaten games the better you get at them. I'm pretty sure that Persona 4 is going to be a breeze now that you experienced Persona 3.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

BraLoD said:

Come at me bro!

I'm currently playing FF5. Surprise Maddafakka!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

I'm currently playing FF5. Surprise Maddafakka!

That's one of those I still have to play

I heard it's pretty good.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

I heard it's pretty good.

You heard? You are playing it

I heard it first hand. So it's all the more credible.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
vivster said:

I heard it first hand. So it's all the more credible.

I'm pretty sure you made a thread ranking all the FFs and you've already beat this game

Just confirming its rightful place at number 4.