By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii U games will be ported over to NX as definitive editions.

Zelda U is a given that is for sure but could anything else be remastered over to the NX? Iv'e said this before and i'll say it again i think Mario kart 8 and Smash brothers 4 will see definitive versions on the NX. This is because the next home console iterations of mario kart and smash bros are probably 4 - 5 years away so it just makes sense for nintendo to have these two great games at launch for those that didn't have a WII u and those that did might repurchase a definitive edition mario kart 8  if it was in native 1080p with anti aliasing, all dlc and maybe a few extras or a definitive edition smash 4 with all dlc characters and maybe an exclusive character or two.. I think the NX will have its own unique mario kart 9 and smash 5 but untill then i think it will be a smart move to rerelease these games to fill the gap.

So there's three triple A Wii u games that the NX could have at launch but I'm not sure that there will be any others, maybe pikmin3 has a small chance (remember pikmin 1 & 2 were ported to wii) but i expect the likes of splatoon to stay exclusive to the wii u because they probably plan on making splatoon 2 for the Nx very soon. I know its not even out yet but i would like to see starfox zero remastered, they could get rid of the gamepad aiming gimmick and use the extra power of the NX to enhance those shabby visuals.

So apart from zelda U what games built for the wii u do you think will appear on the NX?

Around the Network

i think Smash (as a hold over for Smash 5) Zelda (i get the feeling its best for the game to come WIi U first then later on to the NX cause knowing the budgets of open world games it could really benefit itself for being on both systems), and possibly Xenoblade X (same logic applies to this as i did with Zelda) will be the only one's remaster for the NX

Mario Kart on the other hand i can see any money and development resources that they use to remaster would just go towards Mario Kart 9 instead.

I don't think they'll just rerelease AAA games like that.

I know they did rerelease a few GameCube games on Wii, but I wouldn't exactly say the rereleases could be considered "definitive."

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

animegaming said:
i think Smash, Zelda, and possibly Xenoblade X will be the only one's remaster for the NX

Mario Kart on the other hand i can see any money and development resources that they use to remaster would just go towards Mario Kart 9 instead.

I thought about xenoblade chronicle x but then i remebered that they never remastered xenoblade chronicles which would have really benifitted from a hd upgrade. So because they never bothered with XC why would they bother with a XCX when it doesn't need a remaster as much as  XC does.

I'll say Pikmin 3 and Zelda...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Tropical Freeze, belongs to a series that typically sells over 5 million yet this title hasn't even done 1 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I see no point in Mario Kart 8 getting ported to NX, the series typically releases every 3 years.

DS-2005
Wii-2008
3DS-2011
Wii U-2014
NX-2017???

It's not unbelievable that Mario Kart 9 will be a first year title for NX.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
I see no point in Mario Kart 8 getting ported to NX, the series typically releases every 3 years.

DS-2005
Wii-2008
3DS-2011
Wii U-2014
NX-2017???

As your list shows, they alternate between handheld and home consoles, so if NX is just a home console it wouldn't see a Mario Kart game until 2020 unless they change that pattern. Mario Kart 9 on the newest handheld in 2017, Mario Kart 8 definitive edition on NX along it and Mario Kart NX in 2020 seems fair to me.

I don't think they'll rerelease games just like that.. they'll just make a sequel

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

zorg1000 said:

DS-2005
Wii-2008
3DS-2011
Wii U-2014
NX-2017???

Every 6 years on home consoles.