By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How ok are you with Square messing with original FFVII OST for Remake?

New tunes for FFVII Remake, ok with this?

Yes 55 50.46%

Hell no 13 11.93%

Over my dead body which m... 5 4.59%

Meh, I don't care. 20 18.35%

They better put in some D... 7 6.42%

I won't even buy the game. 1 0.92%

Square will be finally dead to me. 1 0.92%

They should keep the orig... 7 6.42%

Total:109

If you want to hear the old song, then play the original FF7.

Around the Network

People who complained about the music in Kingdom hearts 1.5/2.5 and FF10/10-2 will complain again and that's pretty annoying. They should adapt the music to these times, nothing wrong with it. If I want the old music I play the original game and that's it..

The rights to the music belongs to Square not Uematsu. That's part of every contract. Anything you create within a studio/company will belong to the studio, not you. Also they could just hire Uematsu again like usual, he's a freelancer so that should be very easy.

shikamaru317 said:
CosmicSex said:
Just include both

Yeah, that's a good idea. Several other remakes feature both the original and remade soundtracks, Halo 2 for instance.

Final Fantaxy X and X-2 as well... which is very indicative of what might actually happen. 

I think they should update the old songs into a higher fidelity, and also offer remastered songs. Give the user an option to switch between soundtracks.

Around the Network

I'm fine with it.. I can still listen to the old OST at any time but maybe the remastered track could have some even better songs than the original

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I think that they're gonna just HDRemix it and use an orchestra to remaster the soundtrack.

I'm now filled with determination.

Well, considering they are putting full effort into this game, provided if Umetsu-Sensei is composing it still, I wouldn't mind. Even if he isn't, it should be good all the same.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I'm personally not that attached to FFVII's OST, so it won't bother me a whole lot.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It's a remake, it's as if FF7 was made in 2016, it's not going to be exactly the same, that's why the remastered version exists as well as the remake.

So if they re-do the soundtrack it's pretty much expected.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'