By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is working on streaming PC games to Xbox One

Tagged games:

I don't know if that really worths the effort... Cool feature, but why don't work in something else?

Around the Network
pbroy said:
Teeqoz said:
Why would you stream PC games to your XBO if you have a good PC? @_@

Unless I can have my PC at home and my XBO in my cabin, and stream over Wifi (like PSv-PS4 remote play) which would be kinda neat.

So Xboners can play SFV. He said he was making up for it

Also, depending on how they want to deal with Steam, this could get interesting. Either they compete with Steam Machine or enable Steam streaming.

XB1 owners who have a PC can play it yes, but that's how it's always been? They could even use the XB1 controller plug n play. 

Although if even one person uses this feature it makes it worth it, it wouldn't be used by a lot of people but the small % of people who use it will love and adore it which is great. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

cpg716 said:
MoHasanie said:
I don't really see the point.

1). Adding functionality that Steam and nVidia are already doing. 

2). Giving you more gaming options on your X1 on your living room TV..  (no moving your PC, or buying another one for the PC)

3). Just because you wont use it, doesn't mean there arent many of us who do see the point, and do want it..  whats wrong with adding features?

play windows 10 games, that won't come to xbox one on your xbox one
play minecraft with mods on your xbox one

real multitasking
kid can play  pc games on xbox one in your living room, while daddy is doing work stuff

options are good

the shield console allready can do this. and they have a streaming service if you dont have a good pc, or and nvidia card...

endy.G said:
Teeqoz said:
Why would you stream PC games to your XBO if you have a good PC? @_@

Unless I can have my PC at home and my XBO in my cabin, and stream over Wifi (like PSv-PS4 remote play) which would be kinda neat.

because of that
you can stream your pc games to your big tv screen, without having to move your desktop pc

it will be the same like xbox streaming to pc.
works in your local network without any noticable delay or lag

If the goal is to get a PC game on your big Screen... isn't Steam Link a far simplier and chearper way to do this?

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=201902&page=1

All the pieces are falling into place.

CosmicSex said:
endy.G said:

because of that
you can stream your pc games to your big tv screen, without having to move your desktop pc

If the goal is to get a PC game on your big Screen... isn't Steam Link a far simplier and chearper way to do this?

content is king.

MS have access to a whole suite of software that steam doesn't have. MS have already said that they want to refocus on pc and directly compete with steam, now that they see the success of it. This is just a first step.

CosmicSex said:
endy.G said:

because of that

Because then you have to BUY something just for ONE task..   The X1 is already in 12 million households..   and its ADDING a feature..    Not sure that it is "simpler" either..  Simpler is NOT having to buy and hook up new equipment..   taking more HDMI ports etc..    If you are using X1 as input ONE then.. you are all set.. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

CosmicSex said:
endy.G said:

because of that

cheaper? only if you don't already own an xbox one, or don't see any other value than streaming in the xbox one.

if you want a cheap steaming device and don't own an xbox one, yes
if you already own, or want also a capable console, no

simpler? no. both is easy and simple to use

btw. does steam link only stream steam games, or all pc and windows games?
in the frist case, it's not really compareable...

This is great. I'm actually using my Surface (Windows 10) to stream the other way around and I just love it. I can play from anywhere in the house and the streaming is flawless (I'm played mainly Titanfall today).

Being able to do it the other way around is very cool. Like just having to plug a keyboard/mouse and being able to play Heroes of the Storm or Diablo on big TV without to move the PC in the living room is super cool.

I like this :)