By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

Be interesting to know if PS3 40Gig sales do anything - they haven't looked like making a big impact in the US yet.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I think this is consistant with the news that the much smaller production of GH3 for Wii was not enough.

I have also seen MySims sold out lots of places.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Bodhesatva said:

Another week of updates to provide!

I talked earlier about all three consoles getting more questions and interest: that interest is now manifesting itself in actual sales. I've sold 4-5 360s and 3-4 PS3s in the last week; that's double the amounts I was selling a month ago (or in the 360s case, it's maintaining the Halo 3 level sales).

Of the consoles sold, only 1 has been a 360 Arcade and 1 has been a 40 GB PS3s. We are sold out of 80 GB PS3s.

We just got in the 360s that are bundled with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2. The price is still 349.99.

I get more Wiis in this Sunday.

Games that are selling well at my store: The Orange Box is still selling well. MySims -- for both the Wii and DS -- is still selling out once a week. Guitar Hero 3 is still selling well, obviously: I've now recieved and sold out of three shipments of Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii.

When was the bundled 360 release? Because I keep reading in the weekly charts section that ioi isn't counting the bundles for the 360 yet he counts the ones for the Wii and PS3. But if you're only getting it today, then maybe there's none to count? And with Nintendo saying that their CD printing production or whatever is low, then maybe that explains the low GH3 Wii shipments and places being sold out of Wii games. Hopefully Nintendo fixes the problem, and publishers can start upping shipments of games.

Low produciton on the Wii guitars is probably what is slowing down the Wii GH3 sales. In fact, that is precisely the reason why no stand-alone guitar is available for sale at this time. All of the guitars are being packaged with the game.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Bodhesatva said:

Guitar Hero 3 is still selling well, obviously: I've now recieved and sold out of three shipments of Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii.

I'm somewhat surprised to hear that.  At Futureshop they only recieved 6 copies each of Wii, 360, PS3 GH3 all of which sold 1st day.  Since then they've been shipped nothing but PS2 copies.  In fact I've been asking around since launch looking and no one has anything but PS2.

I'm beginning to think Activision seriously over-estimated PS2 sales and severely under estimated everything else.  And I'm beginning to think Canada is getting shafted in favour of US customers.  Oh well, it will be cheaper if I buy it in the US anyway.

Around the Network

Man they cant make the software for the Wii, cant make the guitars, the consoles, WTF is up, they would of sold more Metroids or GH3 if only people can get they act together, I think demand for Wii stuff is higher then they think

The problem with Wii is that it's unpredictable. At least to the developers.
Don't you think they should hire people on vgchartz to help make decisions?
Analysts and such aren't "hardcore" like fans. We live and breath stats, they should hire us :)

Hey, another week of work!

After getting the 360 bundled with two games, the sales have picked up even more quickly than before: we've sold 4 in the last 3 days, 6 this week. That's more than we sold during the Halo 3 launch week, as an example. 

We've sold 2 PS3s this week, which is also good. For both the PS3 and 360, interest has definitely increased: I get many more questions about pricing, what's good about the systems, etc, than I did before now. I am currently sold out of 80 GB PS3s and Xbox360 Pros (the 350 dollar model). 

I received 39 Wiis this morning. We opened at 9 AM. We were sold out at 8 AM -- which is to say, we had a line long enough to sell all 39 an hour before we opened. We turned 20-30 additional people away.

Two people went Wii60 this morning, and bought both a Wii and a 360 simultaneously. One of those people told me that the Wii was for the child, the 360 for the father. 

As a final note: I actually know how many of a video game system I'm recieving well before I actually recieve them. I specifically avoid telling you guys any of these specifics ahead of time, because I'm fairly confident that my manager wouldn't approve. However, I do know ahead of time how many I'm recieving, and I can tell you in general terms that my Wii supply will be increasing dramatically over the next month, starting today. By a lot; let's peg the general increase at around 400 percent inreased supply, give or take, without giving anything more specific. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Thanks for the update! The Wii numbers seem very impressive. If the 400% number holds for the whole on North America and we combine it with the recent numbers from ioi it would mean 550-600k units a week, which could bring them above 2M Wiis available in december. But of course that is all speculation.

Any interesting software sales worth mentioning?

Bodhesatva said:

I received 39 Wiis this morning.

[...] 

As a final note: I actually know how many of a video game system I'm recieving well before I actually recieve them. I specifically avoid telling you guys any of these specifics ahead of time, because I'm fairly confident that my manager wouldn't approve. However, I do know ahead of time how many I'm recieving, and I can tell you in general terms that my Wii supply will be increasing dramatically over the next month, starting today. By a lot; let's peg the general increase at around 400 percent inreased supply, give or take, without giving anything more specific.

Increase of 400 percent = 5 times more than before. Holy shit. Do you think you will still be selling out then?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957