By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike Chunsoft x Tri Ace : Announcement in less than 45h !!

Aerys said:

Then read better -_-

- You say Famitsu will announce a big RPG in 11 hours.

- You claim it will most likely be on the Vita (seriously, what?)

- You bet it's Danganronpa 3

I'm sorry, but in what universe is a new Danganronpa game considered a big announcement? It's a niche franchise.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

The first sentence is what Spike/Famitsu have said to hype the reveal (and sell magazines).

2nd line was a prediction for platform.

3rd line is a personal prediction of what it is. You can't link the PR speak to it. Especially as DanganRonpa has only been a visual novel and a third person shooter (and he states that it being a RPG would be an unexpected form).

You're reading into it too much.

I'm only adressing the OP, not what Spike or Famitsu said. Hope that clears up the confusion for you. If it's a big announcement then it can't possibly be Danganronpa, so his prediction makes little sense to me.

tri-Ace? Now we're talking. I hope it's for consoles. New IP would be great.

Come onnnnn home consoles please!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Samus Aran said:
Aerys said:

Then read better -_-

- You say Famitsu will announce a big RPG in 11 hours.

- You claim it will most likely be on the Vita (seriously, what?)

- You bet it's Danganronpa 3

I'm sorry, but in what universe is a new Danganronpa game considered a big announcement? It's a niche franchise.

I said Vita or PS4.
Big doesnt mean big sales, DanganRonpa 3 could be an ambitious game, you dont know shit about that, me neither, but it's a theory since the dev wants to make an ambitious third episode and in an unexpected form so why not a RPG ? ( you show you dont even know what is DanganRonpan, i'm sure you didnt know its a visual novel), do you understand the word theory, give it a rest, you are a bit annoying.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:

I said Vita or PS4.
Big doesnt mean big sales, DanganRonpa 3 could be an ambitious game, you dont know shit about that, me neither, but it's a theory since the dev wants to make an ambitious third episode and in an unexpected form, do you understand the word theory, give it a rest, you are a bit annoying.

I'm sorry but no one would consider that a big announcement. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a great announcement, but big?

Yo-kai Watch, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are the only big rpgs in Japan. Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem are a level below the big four (I probably forgot some other games as well here).

A magazine isn't going to call a niche franchise that doesn't sell very well a big announcement. The potential backlash could be huge.

Interested to see what this could be.. tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Samus Aran said:
Aerys said:

I said Vita or PS4.
Big doesnt mean big sales, DanganRonpa 3 could be an ambitious game, you dont know shit about that, me neither, but it's a theory since the dev wants to make an ambitious third episode and in an unexpected form, do you understand the word theory, give it a rest, you are a bit annoying.

I'm sorry but no one would consider that a big announcement. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a great announcement, but big?

Yo-kai Watch, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are the only big rpgs in Japan. Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem are a level below the big four (I probably forgot some other games as well here).

A magazine isn't going to call a niche franchise that doesn't sell very well a big announcement. The potential backlash could be huge.

Well i guess X isnt a big game according to you ?

And famitsu never said it was big, but eveyrone assumed it was since only big games take 14 pages on famitsu ( in fact i dont remember a game taking as much pages in the magazine ) and many others bet on DanganRonpan 3 so... : http://gematsu.com/2015/07/spike-chunsoft-announce-new-rpg-next-week

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

fatslob-:O said:
Spike Chunsoft isn't exactly a good developer in most of our books ...

Tri-Ace is busy with the new Star Ocean game so I'm betting this will be a low budget title even by their standards ...

For rpg?Sure, I dont know if Spike-Chunsoft even made a rpg game.But as a visual novel developer?It is one of the best, if not the best(for me anyways, with zero escape and all)

Maybe, if they are teaming up for a RPG, maybe Spike-Chunsoft will deal with the story,writing and characters in general, and Tri-Ace will deal with the combat system, and RPG elements in generall.Thats what i think at least

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

As many people are saying, tri-Ace gameplay and Spike Chunsofts amazing story telling, this might be really good.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"